1994 KONA Hei Hei - Titanium - Last Minute Suggestions?

Re: 1994 KONA Hei Hei - Titanium - Suggestions Please =)

sparkiegaz":3fcds0te said:
who cares if u put wrong stickers or any other thing on your bike ,,,i always changed most items on my bikes as they always got bent or wore out, yes its great to see period bikes as this is retro bike but also seen some members take old frames and sling much newer components on them even weld disc brake mounts etc etc,,,,if it were mine ide sling new xtr groupset on it old and new would look great,,,

:D

SEANSTEPHENS":pspx6hst said:
sparkiegaz":pspx6hst said:
if it were mine ide sling new xtr groupset on it old and new would look great,,,
:facepalm:
each to their own,,,,still would look good even if so wrong :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: may even bang a new modern lot gear on my next merlin build,,,,also going to take a long time,,, :roll: :oops:

superstar1":3jf2tgd7 said:
3. After 1994 Kona lost their mojo, for example you can't get a decent steel Kona frame today.

Where to start with this? What a joker :LOL:

al-onestare":28ekn16c said:
superstar1":28ekn16c said:
3. After 1994 Kona lost their mojo, for example you can't get a decent steel Kona frame today.

Where to start with this? What a joker :LOL:

Show me a decent Kona steel frame in 2014, and no, I don't need you to go on ebay and show me something that the scrap man wouldn't touch.

Hows about we take this steel discussion over to "ye old Chat forum" ;)

This thread is about all the wonders of Titanium... Glorious Titanium :D

Re:

It's a good point that people on here get far too excited over old junk, but at the other end of the scale, you cannot beat the finish of a 90s titanium classic. I had a 94 hei hei too which you can find the link to in my sig, and that was one beautiful frame

Sean

Re: Re:

SEANSTEPHENS":hgk6p4jv said:
It's a good point that people on here get far too excited over old junk, but at the other end of the scale, you cannot beat the finish of a 90s titanium classic. I had a 94 hei hei too which you can find the link to in my sig, and that was one beautiful frame

Sean

Nice! Mine came in pretty rough on the finish so I had to 3m pad it...

What happened to yours? sold it off?

Re: Re:

shutter":2vkinzl0 said:
SEANSTEPHENS":2vkinzl0 said:

Sean

Nice! Mine came in pretty rough on the finish so I had to 3m pad it...

What happened to yours? sold it off?

Mine was really tidy, I was going to go down the 3m pad route as well and make it a minter but it had an honest original finish so I left it, I was going to build the bike with an m900 group but I couldn't afford to finish the build and it sat on the backburner for a while. So I sold it to member davichin on here, hopefully we'll see it on the forum again in the future

Ps, I'm sure a set of 94 decals will look ace on your build too

Sean

Cool, yea, mine was bad.... but after some 3m action it's WAY better! But I agree, nothing beats the original Ti finish =)

I'll probably end up with original 1994 decals in the end but I wasn't able to find a set for cheap... these were $10 so I just stuck them on there for fun...

Back