1994 Aqua Blue Zaskar LE- FINISHED (Photos page 6)

Re: 1994 Aqua Blue Zaskar LE

OK.

Think its time for a bit of an update. The intention is that this is going to definitely be a rider, but there's no reason it shouldn't be pretty too. :D

I've tarted up the decals a bit by replacing the ones that are just black & white and touching up the others. I didn't want them to look NOS, I wanted you to be able to tell the old from the new, so I just did enough to tidy them up a bit.

I've also started to throw some parts at it. The build is going to be pretty much XT M737 (spot the deliberate mistake) with either a Mag 21 up front or a black Bologna Lite- not sure which way I'm going with that yet.

Anyhoo, here's some pictures of the progress so far, with at least one hint as to the final look.

IMG_0727.jpg

IMG_0731.jpg

IMG_0729.jpg

IMG_0732.jpg

IMG_0733.jpg

IMG_0737.jpg

Still lots to do, but the weather was OK, so thought I'd grab the chance while I could. :D

Fork will be black if I don't go for the RS option. It's currently purple which just doesn't work at all. :D

Ha am sure it doesn't!
Can you not try to colour match the blue?

I know it maybe difficult,a mag 21 would look good but thinking out the box how about a black pace rc35?

Funny you should mention that.

I do have a later RC35 MXCD on the way and I have a Hope disk kit for it too. ;)

It's not really planned for this one, but I might have to give it a try.

Ah the later version mcxd yep that's the one,I know they always ran rockshox but I think the pace will look bang on,esp with the black of the carbon.
I will watch with interest,like the decals btw.

Cheers Sean.

The list of potential forks is getting longer, it's going to be one of these:

1) GT Bologna Lite in black

2) Rockshox Mag 21

3) Pace RC35MXCD (With some trick bits)- but this will require new wheels being built

Not in any particular order and I'm open to suggestions. ;)

Bolagna lites definately. I know these came with mags originally but light brown forks on a turquoise frame i just dont think looks right. And surely early oil forks arent that reliable on a 'rider'

Oh and where did you get the turquoise cranks bolts from?? :D

Sean

Latest posts

Back