1994 American Bicycle Manufacturer M16 build thread

Was this army green color a factory option? The red Grove stem is a very nice touch. It looks killer.

Yes, the green was a stock colour. Been on my wish list ever since I first saw them back in the day. Looking forward to seeing yours progress

Cool,
only sided note (albeit not drawback) would be tight rear clearance on some earlier m16 models which was also talked about when Norman build up the army ano concept - good that the frame has some serious give, a fatter tire with less side profile may work!

90s green would look different though, in fact the threadowners model polished bare aluminum is a chrome imitation look as ABM described it - there was also brushed raw as a less expensive yet Cunningham like option (threadvisitors other M16 and typically lower priced).

have a nice evening

Cool,
only sided note (albeit not drawback) would be tight rear clearance on some earlier m16 models which was also talked about when Norman build up the army ano concept - good that the frame has some serious give, a fatter tire with less side profile may work!

90s green would look different though, in fact the threadowners model polished bare aluminum is a chrome imitation look as ABM described it - there was also brushed raw as a less expensive yet Cunningham like option (threadvisitors other M16 and typically lower priced).

have a nice evening
This was one of the last frames made. You can tell they made a little more room for rear tire clearance. IMG_6201.jpeg IMG_6200.jpeg

Last edited:
That is looking really good! Just got my 91 American American... collecting parts (M730) and polishing up the frame... did you polish your and if so, what did you use?
Thanks PhillB. I’ve experimented with some metal cleaner and polish. Best results came putting some of this simichrome on with a paper towel then wiping it off with a soft
cloth. IMG_6227.jpeg

Great, thanks. Never heard of Simichrome, so will give it a try. Have been using Autosol so far which has certainly made difference, but not as gleaming as yours...yet 😄

Back