1993 Zaskar Build

IMG20240826190846.jpg

Been faffing with this the last few weeks, I replaced the chain and i'm trying to get the gears setup correctly as it hasn't been right since I rebuilt it. It's better than it was but not perfect...

I'm on the lookout for some risers as well as I feel it in my back now with the flat bar.

After watching the park tools videos on setting up the front and rear mech's this weekend I have now got the bike shifting better than it ever has so a good win for me! Ordered some new brake pads as the current ones are past their best so all being well it should be back to being a very useable bike by next weekend.

looks good apart from the forks. change them for some rockshox mag 21s ,gt rigid, or some pace would look much better on the zaskar
I owned a '93 Zaskar back in the day and I had Pace RC35's on it, it looked great and rode good too, not too much travel either.

Nice to see a bike still in regular use 14 years after building it!

Thanks! Always wanted the Zaskar when I had my Avalanche in the 90's so when I finally got one, just stuck with it and I still love everything about it. Its (and my) days of doing anything remotely tough are over so just nice to cruise around the local coastal routes.

I do think it needs risers again though, off to the For Sale / Wanted section I go.... :)

Back