1993 Rocky Mountain Thunderbolt

back to Ringle skewers while i wait for replacement seals to rebuild the fork.

with the instructions given by WD Pro, i've torn down 4 sets of mismatched wheel QRs, and one seat binder.

from top to bottom:
black front with ss rod
red front with ti rod
silver front with ss rod
green rear with ti rod
silver seat with ss rod (shown in last two pics)

plan is to use the two silver levers and ti rods to make the wheel QRs, and the green lever i'll strip off the ano to silver and use it as the seat binder, as it's grooved in the back. the silver levers don't have the groove so thus it will match better.

as you can see, i've tidied up the one silver lever with some sanding as there was some road rash to it, as well the green lever. i'll have to use some chemicals to strip off the remaining green on the rest of it.

the red lever i'm going to rebuilt into a seat binder for the Cirrus using the full threaded SS rod which will be cut down to the length needed.

Attachments

• DSC06441.JPG
    DSC06441.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 377
  • DSC06440.JPG
    DSC06440.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 377
  • DSC06429.JPG
    DSC06429.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 376
  • DSC06423.JPG
    DSC06423.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 377
RockiMtn":2dhb65z0 said:
no worries. as i said, just waiting for them to get to me. ;) thanks Marcus!

Well, to be honest: our in-house-post-system (bring it to post office for daddy and receive extra pocket money) failed ... we are a little bit late of promised delivery ... ;-)

What should I do?
20 pushups? ;-)

Looking good :cool:

I am going to have to get a move on with my instructions - you will have yours done before mine ... :oops: :LOL:

WD :D

kraeMit":nw4547bv said:
Well, to be honest: our in-house-post-system (bring it to post office for daddy and receive extra pocket money) failed ... we are a little bit late of promised delivery ... ;-)

What should I do?
20 pushups? ;-)
10 would be enough. ;)

WD Pro":nw4547bv said:
Looking good :cool:

I am going to have to get a move on with my instructions - you will have yours done before mine ... :oops: :LOL:

WD :D
s'okay. what you have so far has been more than enough to get me to where I am. so your instructions to date has been greatly appreciated! ;)

finally sourced a replacement Mavic 230 SBP rim, but unfortunately i had to buy a complete wheelset. :facepalm:

the donor rim will probably be pulled from the front that's laced to a White Industry hub. although both rims are in excellent shape with minimal wear, the rear laced to a parallax LX hub, the decal is partially peeling from one edge.

Attachments

• DSC06468.JPG
    DSC06468.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 251
  • DSC06463.JPG
    DSC06463.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 249
yea! fork seals arrived! :D thanks Marcus! ;)

used one are better than broken one. hopefully i'll be able to find some time this w/e to rebuild the fork.

Attachments

• DSC06501.JPG
    DSC06501.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 204
Back