1993 Marin Palisades Trail 17.5

Skids72

Retro Newbie
Hi All

After some time away from MTB I am trying to get/put together a Marin Palisades Trail from 1993 (the Battleship Grey and Purple one).

Ideally a whole bike would be good but I am also prepared to build one up from parts (as this was the only bike I owned that I have ever liked). I am trying to find a 17.5 Frame (pretty sure that was the size for it).

Can anyone help?

Regards
Simon

Re: 93 Marin Palisades Trail

Funnily enough I have a 1994 one of those at home, fixing it up for a mate as he wants to start using it again, had it since he was a kid but may be after a modern bike soon.

I'll ask him if he has thought about selling. All original accept one tyre I've replaced, more modern rear mech, new chain, cassette and brake pads. It has some lovely purple Critical Racing wheel skewers too.

Looks a lot better now ;)

Maybe not the 93 but that looks incredibly nice, would be interested if your mate wants to sell. Let me know.

Thanks
Simon

It looks even better now I've sorted everything and cleaned it :)

He's coming over tonight to pick it up, I'll ask him what his plans are.

Simon I'm afraid my mate has fallen in love with the bike again so won't be selling anytime soon.

There is one on eBay for £130 or best offer, postage not specified but they may box up for courier collection if you ask.

No problem, I have seen that one on ebay.

I have been in touch with him but cant get a frame size for it. He was going to measure it but never came back too me. I will try again.

Thanks
Simon

That type pictured was my first ever MTB... I have a 93 in good order - but it's way smaller than 17 inch. Might work if you can find a frame...

Hi Ringo

Believe they produced a 14 and a 15.5, got any pics.

Seems that I can get a 19 frame but that may be a bit big for me.

Thanks
Simon

Re:

Will take some when I get home... think it might be a 14...

Only thing that is not original are the tyres...

Back