1992 Marin team issue - restored and ridden

Excluding the price...that seller in Spain has max prices on all his stuff since forever. Aside all that, these are the parts you need.

Edit: The exact part number is there.

Magura Shimano STI Adapter.jpg

Last edited:
There are a few variations and oddities on 92 team / team issue frames. They were identical in the basic build....

Marin were known for doing some odd things....for example another 91 team in 92 colours has just popped up on the forum too!

I think they just swapped over the finishing process if they run out of one type of finished raw frames.....

Frames destined to be team issue tend to have a letter rather than a number as an identifier.....those borrowed teams have the number 1.....and mostly rack mounts.....but they came out of marin still as team issue bikes.....

Plus.....ahemmmmmm....team issue 92 catalogue page 9........rack mounts.....also on the first few pages showing updates.....rack mounts......😂.

Ahhh @MuchAlohaNui i know why you had rack mounts. Technically the team issues with rack mounts were team marins in disguise that have just been nickle plated
Neither here nore there for me personally, as I sold the frame on a while ago.

Maybe another pops up locally some time. Who knows!

Plus.....ahemmmmmm....team issue 92 catalogue page 9........rack mounts.....also on the first few pages showing updates.....rack mounts......😂.

Surely there are logical, common sense reasons for rack mounts on a "race" bike...?

Great final result. Im liking the flourescent nod towards all things early marin.

1. I cant zoom in too well but, are the bars sporting marin bar plugs? If not and you want some i will send you some, as a lil gift/reward.

2. Roseberry topping? You must be up 'ere somewhere. Consider york racecourse next year for the event we attend.

Back