1992 Marin team issue - restored and ridden

I’m not sure that it ultimately matters although it’s designed to match the front chainrings from M950 which were Interglide. The rear M950 cassette is Hyperglide so I’m not sure what difference you will see.

The original duraace CN7401 XTR chain is stupidly expensive as hyper rare.

If it was me I would go with a HG90 or HG91 (colour variance being the difference). You could just go with a modern HG70 chain though. No one would know the difference other than your wallet.

Fellow 92 rider here;

His decals look the right colour. Original I assume.

Attachments

• IMG_7579.png
    IMG_7579.png
    1,011.7 KB · Views: 13
@MuchAlohaNui

When you sold your team issue am I right in thinking it had rack mounts? Were they optional option? As in the uk catalogue it says that it doesn’t have rack mounts.

Plus did it have screw in brake bosses?

Soo I got a saddle update, I decided to rip all the gubbins off the Marin ti saddle so I was left with just the plastic and tbh, it’s even more comfy without the padding.

120g saving over the turbo!!🤯🤯

Can you change photos in botm if the build has progressed more or is it once the photos are up, there’s no going down?

@MuchAlohaNui

When you sold your team issue am I right in thinking it had rack mounts? Were they optional option? As in the uk catalogue it says that it doesn’t have rack mounts.

Plus did it have screw in brake bosses?
Yessir. This was a Mk1 frame too. Also, yes the brake bosses could be removed with a 7 or 8 mm wrench. Side thought looking at the pictures, what an absolute PITA to get the ceased bottom bracket out while keeping the threads intact. Was a good challenge :cool:
3O1F4394.JPG 3O1F4395.JPG
3O1F4392.JPG

It’s because my bosses aren’t threaded in they have no flats on the side.

So was it a uk/us only option of no rack mounts?

It’s because my bosses aren’t threaded in they have no flats on the side.

So was it a uk/us only option of no rack mounts?
I have the same issue with my Litespeed frame- no flat parts to accept a wrench on the brake bosses.

I honestly don't know? Looks like there are variations across frames as mine was clearly different than yours. In that old FS thread some pretty knowledgeable Marin guys chimed in. Maybe contact them directly? If you solve the brake boss riddle let me know! I'll do the same!

Back