1992 Marin Team Issue - 15.5" - Excellent Condition

benbonty

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I have two fantastic Marin Team Issue bikes from 1992 which due to an unforeseen engine explosion will have to be sold. I purchased them recently from the original owners who had bought them in 1992 for picnics. They are both in superb condition, one is 19" and the other 15.5", both with complete m900 XTR and Tange Ultimate Ultrastrong nickel plated tubing. You will not find a better used M900 XTR groupset anywhere and the rest of the bikes are in excellent condition too. There is some minor pitting to the nickel plating, but this seems to come off easily with autosol. The smaller bike has Onza aggro amberwall tyres as per the photo below, I have one of the original Marin Rockstar tyres which will go with it, but the other was badly perished hence I replaced them both. The smaller bike has also been fitted with an Avocet Gelflex saddle for comfort, though I have a tatty Flite Titanium if the buyer would prefer to have that. The photo below was taken before the bikes were cleaned and set up, I have plenty of detail shots and can take further should you require them:

Spec. of 15.5"

Frame: Tange Prestige with Tange Prestige Ultimate Fluted Down Tube, Bulge Butted Seat Tube & Marin Lite Investment Cast Dropouts
Fork: Marin Rockstar Cromo Triple Butted
Headset: Shimano XTR M900 1 1/8"
Bottom Bracket: Shimano XTR M900 Sealed Cartridge
Crankset: Shimano XTR M900
Pedals: Shimano Deore XT
Saddle: Avocet Gelflex
Seatpost: Marin Lite Alloy 330mm
Seatpost QR: Marin Lite Alloy
Hubs: Shimano XTR M900
Skewers: Shimano XTR M900
Spokes: Wheelshith Stainless Double Butted WIth Alloy Nipples
Rims: ARAYA RM400 Pro (Polished) 32h
Tyres: Onza Aggro Folding
Front Deraileur: Shimano XTR M900
Rear Derailuer: Shimano XTR M900
Brake/Shift Levers: Shimano XTR M900 Rapid Fire Plus
Cassette: Shimano XTR M900
Chain: Shimano Dura Ace
Brakes: Shimano XTR M900 Cantilever
Stem: Marin Lite Cromo
Handlebar: Marin Lite Alloy

I'm looking for £650 shipped in the UK per bike (overseas at cost) or £1200 for the pair. You would struggle to buy the groupsets for this price so I believe that this is a great price for what must be the best condition examples of these rare bikes anywhere. I really did not want to sell these but I need to replace the engine in my car so have little choice in the matter.

The 19" is now sold and delivered to it's new owner.

Some more photos of the 15.5". Please note that these were taken when I first returned home with the bike and hence before the before the bike was cleaned, the chainrings and cassette now look immaculate. Please be aware that there are some imperfections in the lacquer on the drive side crank arm as pictured. First of these pictures shows the original tyres (Now replaced due to perishing of the rear tyre as mentioned above)

Re: 1992 Marin Team Issue - x2 - Both In Unbelievable Condition

xxnick1975":26fx58y6 said:
Bloody hell what a find!

I couldn't quite believe it myself mate, just wish I could keep them :(

Re:

They are truly gorgeous :D

If the original owners had the wherewithall to buy these for 'picnics' I'd love to know what you picked them up for...

Good luck, I'd have 'em in a heartbeat if I had the money :(

Back