1991 Titanium Litespeed build thread

Please try the refinishing on a less visible surface first. The frame looks to be glass bead blasted, which was an option for the Litespeed frames and is nigh on impossible to replicate by hand. From what I know this finish also had the effect of making the frame less susceptible for cracking. I´m with @Mathes66, I´d leave it alone and live with a few scratches. Rare enough to find a Litespeed which is not polished.

The finish looks the same as the 97/98 GT Lightning which is bead blasted I believe. Very hard to replicate

It was made in Taiwan. I'm not certain anyone bead blasted ti in the us until later. My 06 if is bead blasted, but that's not made by Litespeed of course.

Please try the refinishing on a less visible surface first. The frame looks to be glass bead blasted, which was an option for the Litespeed frames and is nigh on impossible to replicate by hand. From what I know this finish also had the effect of making the frame less susceptible for cracking. I´m with @Mathes66, I´d leave it alone and live with a few scratches. Rare enough to find a Litespeed which is not polished.
Appreciate the advice and knowledge. Its
why I love this forum. After I get the original decals off I’ll check back in.👍

Latest posts

Back