1991 Klein Pinnacle (finished on page 25)

Ain’t it the truth 😂

Minor details, Alpes version of Flite saddle and full set of Suntour quick release skewers

Alpes came off my Zaskar recently sold to make room for another bike and it had it go somewhere, a very cool Flite version IMHO, think it suits the Klein

One by one I’ve been removing the lighter bolt on skewers from my bikes in favor of the much heavier and cooler QR versions

The Suntour ones have have always been a favourite, love the D rings

Ain’t it the truth 😂

Minor details, Alpes version of Flite saddle and full set of Suntour quick release skewers

Alpes came off my Zaskar recently sold to make room for another bike and it had it go somewhere, a very cool Flite version IMHO, think it suits the Klein

One by one I’ve been removing the lighter bolt on skewers from my bikes in favor of the much heavier and cooler QR versions

The Suntour ones have have always been a favourite, love the D rings
Lovely choices as ever and love old bike being enjoyed properly (as in being ridden, especially in group rides!) :cool: 💪

Two years ago I attended our local September swap meet and purchased my Klein Pinnacle frame which needed new paint and decals. It would be an understatement for me to say that achieving a half decent flouro green DIY paint job is the hardest DIY paint effort I’ve made to date. The end result is pretty decent and the perfectionist in me has been satisfied with the paint result and I absolutely love my Klein. It’s seen many miles of use in the last two years.

Fast forward two years to yesterday. After arriving first thing yesterday morning to set up my table at this years September swap I noticed a flouro green Pinnacle frame sitting on a blue tarp which a friend of mine was planning to sell. I was blown away at the condition of the original paint/decals. No fading, a couple minor chips, had the chainsuck guard which my frame is missing and the exact same size as my Pinnacle. I told my buddy that if that frame was still unsold at the end of the swap we’d be talking.

Guess what I came home with? 😍

Let's see how long this takes me to swap over!

20240915_153736520_iOS.jpg

Hi Dave, I can see where this is going….. you’re going to end up with two Kleins. I found myself in a similar situation recently with a Zaskar 😂. Looking forward to seeing them built 👍.

Hi Dave, I can see where this is going….. you’re going to end up with two Kleins. I found myself in a similar situation recently with a Zaskar 😂. Looking forward to seeing them built 👍.
:LOL:

As tempting as this scenario sounds I'd only have two Kleins if I could ever get my hands on an Attitude or Adroit....

Updated pics showing the fame swap coming soon. So far I'm finding it to tough to capture the new frame paint job with a camera where if correctly shows how amazing the original paint looks to the naked eye

I managed to swap everything over mostly last night with some fine tuning after work today. A couple hiccups but mostly straight forward transferring parts between identical frames. One thing not the same was that the new frame has 135mm rear spacing so it took some work to put the rear hub axle back to the 135 spacing it started with during my original build.

I picked up a very clean M900 RD at the swap meet and decided to give it a try for a while, I don't like mixing/matching RD/FD combs so I guess I'm on the hunt for an M900 FD 😂

The rear Suntour wheel skewer had no ability to reach across a 135mm gap with thick drop outs so I'm using a full set of XT units, kinda like the look :cool:

As I said capturing the beauty of the paint on camera does not seem possible with my iphone camera and today did not have the brightest lighting conditions, it's actually a fair bit darker than my DIY attempt with a really deep paint color to the naked eye, just as I have heard about with Klein paint work which has not degraded over time.

To my eyes she's a beaut' 😍

20240918_004201637_iOS.jpg
20240918_004213562_iOS.jpg
20240918_004225148_iOS.jpg
20240918_004238440_iOS.jpg
20240918_004252389_iOS.jpg
20240918_004311672_iOS.jpg

gosh...that takes me back to 1993....first Klein from Action Sports in Brighton. I bought a small, which now would be comical and BMX-like alongside my current Cotics and Stantons. The paint finish was indeed absolutely wonderful. Same manic frog green. I don't remember the rack mounts but 30 years may have hazed my recall. I bought a full Mavic Dakar groupset which was a mix of great (hubs and rims) and cheese (chainset and underbar shifters). Fast and furious bike when used in anger. ProCircuit forks. the bike was stiff as a stiff thing. Utlimately it went to my wife, and I got a thing for steel. 853. Yum yum yum. But that green...........nice.

Back