1991 (?) Jamis Dakota

Under appreciated frames. I have an 85 Dakar nearly perfect. Curious when you remove the paint if it is brazed or Bondo like so many think. Take a few pics and add to this thread please.

I recently stumbled across this bike on the net and couldn't resist.
View attachment 702665
The condition is visually pitiful.
View attachment 702666
View attachment 702667
View attachment 702668
Technically less bad but also far from good. The left crank and pedal are completely missing, the rest is so dirty that nothing works anymore. The paint and decals are beyond repair but the frame is fine, no cracks, dents or excessive rust.
View attachment 702669
View attachment 702670
I have now mounted a new tyre on the rear, left crankarm and roughly cleaned it.
View attachment 702672
Next it will be disassembled and prepared for the new paint. The search for parts is currently underway, the new decals are already finished. As soon as the Rockhopper is finished I will continue here.
I think it will be a nice bike when I'm done with it.
By the
I couldn't find much about it until now. The bikes are hard to find in Germany. It could also be from 1990, but I'm not sure. If anyone knows anything, I'd be grateful.
Write them a message, with a photo and the serial number. They are pretty good to answer. And let us know what you find out :) My guess is early ‘90s.
I also like the paint scheme of that year: white w gold accents. Good find and buy.

By the

Write them a message, with a photo and the serial number. They are pretty good to answer. And let us know what you find out :) My guess is early ‘90s.
I also like the paint scheme of that year: white w gold accents. Good find and buy.
I have already done that, but have not received an answer yet.

I will definitely try again, especially because I now have photos.
I also think the colour is brilliant, especially as it's a metallic finish

hi, indeed, Jamis are a bit rare here in EU, even more in Germany. Also old catalogs or pics are hard to find.
Definitly a nice bike.

It's presumably not 1993, German Bike Markt overview shows a silver Daktoa with black LX cranks.
Also not 1994, similar silver, just a bit different components. Below is a bad pic from a brochure once at Ebay.
Jamis dakota 1994.jpg
Also 1995, the Dakota was silver again.

The already mentioned 1992 date makes sense to me too.

Still adding some 1993 ads, because that's the only ones i can contribute.
Jamis Ad Bicycling 1993.jpg
Jamis Ad aus Bike 1993 09.jpg Jamis 1993_dragon.jpg

Thanks for the infos!
Hmmm they are all welded. I found something at https://mtbtimeline.com/wiki/jamis/start. The frame looks like a 1990 Diablo. Maybe from this series with later decals and parts.
Since I'm talking about parts... I'm going to build it with a Suntour XC groupset because I found something there....
Tomorrow evening there will be new pictures.

Reactions: R-V
Back