1990 Rocky Mountain Cirrus...

This thread with a later model Cirrus shows a sticker which yours doesn't have View attachment 684320Alcoa Japan, so the tubing on that one came from Japan

This sticker appear on the 91' frames. Not on 90' Synlos or mine one...

I don't think you can really depend on which decals are on a frame
or exact placement either. They varied depending on who was working that day.
In general the majority will be the same but irregulars will pop up possible more
times than you might think. Nothing to back this up in print. Just from what i have
seen and been told by people who have worked at RM back in the day.

Watching as I've just bought the same frame myself. They just look so right. Got some Yototo forks for mine, yours looks ace

Some news about the build.... Not looking for a like stock one, so I'll take some liberties with it...:LOL:

Some nice XT m735 parts found locally at a really cool price and in very good condition...

Short cage XT m735 rear der. as specs...👍

IMG_6107.jpeg

Really in love with this collar band XT front der...😍

IMG_6106.jpeg

Pedals just need a small refresh, but nothing impossible with @Peachy! tutorial... 👍 ;)

IMG_6110.jpeg

Ritchey Logic for the saddle.

IMG_6105.jpeg

Really Sorry, no Syncros 6000 series handlebars on it. I had a NOS one two years ago in my spare parts but sold it like an idiot 🥺. So with the help of @maro we did a nice swap and he sourced a nice NOS Answer Hyperlite one...👍

IMG_6104.jpeg

To complete it, received today a Syncros Cattleprod in 15° and 120 mm length. Maybe not (really) period correct but sounds good in these specs for my broken back... :LOL:

IMG_6103.jpeg

Next to come... Fork and wheelset... ;)

Stay tuned...

Interesting project. I remember one of my classmates getting a Stratos in the late 80's and it being so "modern" looking when compared to the steel bikes we were all riding.

Said some words about the fork choice yesterday... Sorry for the purists, no Syncros blades fork here. Hard to find, seeing it on a lot of builds and so expensive for my wallet.
At first I've sourced a nice Manitou Mk1 with measures as close as a rigid fork like Syncros or Tange blades (+3mm on A to C length) one but with a 1992' release for the Manitou. As I'm looking for a 1990' build as close, I'll go with a nice NOS Paul Turner Rock Shox 1 from 89' or at least 90'. For sure much longer than the Manitou (+3 cm A to C so +1.5° on headtube, always for the geometry purists...).
In the same time, the RS1 was my first suspension fork back in the days, mounted on a 90' RockHopper... Modifying geometry for sure but a real pleasure on the root's & rocky local trails here, so go for it on this build...

PS : Also, I love the Pink neon decals...:LOL:

IMG_6101.jpeg

IMG_6102.jpeg

Back