1990 GT Team Avalanche Restoration....hopefully...

Yeah I made him an offer but he refused, auction actually ended lower than I had actually offered him😆.

Plus I was about 200mi away so wouldve needed someone to collect for me

but who doesn’t like a nice crusty old bike?
I remembered it ended quite low, but local pick-up really limits the audience/final price.

I'm sure someone on here could have collected & boxed it up for you? I've collected and posted-off a few bikes for people on here. A 400 mile trip is a bit of an epic journey for a crusty old bike... but as you said who doesn't like a crusty old bike?!* 🤣

Maybe it was a lucky escape missing out on the Brighton one. All that salty sea air would have done it's best to fuse all the parts together!

I remembered it ended quite low, but local pick-up really limits the audience/final price.

I'm sure someone on here could have collected & boxed it up for you? I've collected and posted-off a few bikes for people on here. A 400 mile trip is a bit of an epic journey for a crusty old bike... but as you said who doesn't like a crusty old bike?!* 🤣

Maybe it was a lucky escape missing out on the Brighton one. All that salty sea air would have done it's best to fuse all the parts together!
I’m pretty sure I asked on here but don’t remember.

But yes a very rusty and probably seized together gt team avalanche. Oh and don’t even get me started on the spring saddle it had on😵‍💫

Decals arrived from Hungary yesterday and were applied. IMG_1914.JPG
IMG_1915.JPG IMG_1916.JPG

Which means today was Clear Coat Day... Looking at the ideals specifications on the SprayMax 2K Clear Coat - Temp 18-25C, Humidity 40-60%. Well it was 21C and 50% humidity this morning, so pretty much ideal

So,I went for it.

IMG_1917.JPG IMG_1920.JPG IMG_1919.JPG
Drying in the shed now... is it perfect. No. Am I happy with it, Yes!...

Now I need to finish off tidying up the remaining parts. Most are done, hard part is going to be waiting for 2/3 days to allow the clear coat to cure before putting back together! :)

Back