1988 Brodie Climbmax Fillet Brazed

Re:

Who's is the orange and yellow one Roy?

Re:

time for an update on this one.
going to start on this project. stripped off the parts.
taking the frame in to paul brodie this morning
for him to remove the canti studs and
put it back to original u-brake studs on
underside of chainstays. hoping he can
do it with minimal paint damage. this isn't
going to be a full restoration. I'd like to keep
the harder to come by original decals. at least for
now. will see if I can find a decent match for the
paint and touch it up myself.

Attachments

• Climbmax studs 003.JPG
    Climbmax studs 003.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 590
  • Climbmax studs 002.JPG
    Climbmax studs 002.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 590
  • Climbmax studs 001.JPG
    Climbmax studs 001.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 591
Re:

A great project this one Roy. Must be one of your favourites?

don't think he has a favourite, he has too many brodie "babies" to devote his love and affection too! :LOL:

Re:

got the frame back from paul this week. needed a bit more work than anticipated.
means I won't be just touching up the old paint and building a rider. will still be building
a rider out of it. but a slightly nicer version. will have to decide on a frame colour. ideas?
anyone like the blue frame/yellow decals on it now?
will also have to get the early original decals reproduced. I do want those. gives a different look.
don't you think? I'm going to go with roller cam brakes. so what drive train to accompany it?
doesn't have to be period correct. thinking older. M700 maybe. I would like as much silver
to the look. less black.

Attachments

• Repairs Aug 2014 001.JPG
    Repairs Aug 2014 001.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 488
  • Repairs Aug 2014 002.JPG
    Repairs Aug 2014 002.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 488
  • Repairs Aug 2014 003.JPG
    Repairs Aug 2014 003.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 488
Nice! I've become a huge rollercam fan! I'm putting one on my Romax

What's your plan for a fork? There's some nut job selling one on eBay for $1,000 ;)

Do you know what this frame came with? I would assume it would have been a fillet brazed one like on the Romax. If you do get one made I would suggest front roller cam too...

My next Brodie project will be to have the bosses on a gator replaced with Roller cam bosses so I can run a front roller cam on a gator... Only thing I'm missing is another Brodie frame...

Aside from my rambling I totally agree with original decals and would suggest a front roller cam as well. As for group, suntour goes Nicely with roller cams...

Paint? The purple is nice but I agree with the smoke... If you can get someone to do the smoke painting it would be really cool!

shutter":1g3zmtej said:
Nice! I've become a huge rollercam fan! I'm putting one on my Romax

What's your plan for a fork? There's some nut job selling one on eBay for $1,000 ;)

Do you know what this frame came with? I would assume it would have been a fillet brazed one like on the Romax. If you do get one made I would suggest front roller cam too...

My next Brodie project will be to have the bosses on a gator replaced with Roller cam bosses so I can run a front roller cam on a gator... Only thing I'm missing is another Brodie frame...

Aside from my rambling I totally agree with original decals and would suggest a front roller cam as well. As for group, suntour goes Nicely with roller cams...

Paint? The purple is nice but I agree with the smoke... If you can get someone to do the smoke painting it would be really cool!
I like the looks of roller cams as well. have you seen my dual roller project?
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=264004&hilit=catalyst

I have a fork to use. this one will be a dual roller cammer as well.

no idea what this came with originally. could have been either a fillet brazed unicrown or a curved gatorblade.
that guy on ebay is dreamin' :LOL:

I have a similar project idea in the works as well, converting a gatorblade to u-brake.
I believe that was an option you could have ordered BITD.
but enough about that one for now. :roll:

colour ideas anyone?

Back