1985 Raleigh 531c Panasonic (Best in Show Eroica)

Re: 1985 Raleigh 531c Panasonic (started the build 10th May P5)

Very nice :). Please use white cables :)

Shaun

Looks beautiful - roughly how much did the paint job cost if you don'tind me asking?

Jeff

It's looking good Maca! Did you consider fitting the 531 anniversary decal too? A lot of these '85 frames had the 531c decal at the base of the seat tube like yours but also had the special Reynolds 531 50th anniversary 1935-1985 decal just above the gear lever bosses on the down tube. Love the 600EX group!

Neil

Thanks guys,

Cost wise, it was part of some other stuff I had done and mates rates, but I think he said it would be around £200 - £250 or there abouts to do this job normally. Which I think is pretty good considering the work that went in to it.

Hadn't thought about the 50th decals maybe if I can find an original I could try it.

Managed to get the bar tape done tonight, pleased with it as its only the 2nd time I have used the benotto style stuff and its a bitch to do,

Re:

Is it genuine Bennotto, or copy?

Been looking for genuine stuff for years but haven't managed to find any!

Its copy, I bought both copy and genuine for my last bike and the genuine stuff was horrible where as the copy stuff worked well. Also people are charging stupid money for genuine where as the copy stuff is a fiver or there abouts.

Thank MrW, trouble is the Reynolds decals from HLloyd are quite thick and don't have the clear edge like the originals do. I tried them on a pug for the forks and you could see the white backing from the top. If I can find an original I may have a go.

Re:

No problem

Failing which I have one on my 85 Competition, and wonder if Del could work his magic from photos?

Back