16" Aqua Zaskar (Marmite Update 5/5/14)

Re: 16" Aqua Zaskar (Update 23/4/14)

its_kirby":2t62g1fu said:
Wow those linkages were quite a find!! Gonna look good, had some on a flames paint Karakoram bitd and they are well suited

The forks and linkages were for sale on here not so long ago. I found the for sale thread when I was searching the forum for a set of Girvins. I couldn't resist buying the linkages as well, seeing as they're such a good match for the frame :cool:

I've had to source a steerer shim for the top headset race, as the steerer is 1" with a 1,1/8" step up at the bottom. Luckily the people who sell the spring upgrade kits on eBay (which I also needed) had a couple of original Girvin shims kicking about, so one is on its way to me.

I've also had to get a shim for the stem, as the Thomson I'm going to be using is 1,1/8". I"m not sure whether there is a minimum stem length for Girvin forks - hopefully my 100mm stem will be ok. If not, it'll be back up for sale and the search for a longer one will begin!

Re:

nice! I had a set of those forks on my Kona Cindercone a few years ago. be careful not to crash too hard with them fitted, I did and destroyed the fork legs! Kona's steel frame was fine though. will look good when done I think.

Re: Re:

MCsanandreas":1zjl8a3i said:
nice! I had a set of those forks on my Kona Cindercone a few years ago. be careful not to crash too hard with them fitted, I did and destroyed the fork legs! Kona's steel frame was fine though. will look good when done I think.

I won't be crashing the Zaskar any time soon, don't you worry! I've got the other bike for that ;)

Re: 16" Aqua Zaskar (Update 23/4/14)

I've finally found some time to get the new linkages fitted!

Although the fork is NOS, the damper is still knackered, and still needs a strip down and service. To be honest I think I'll just bite the bullet and get a replacement RISSE Genesis unit for it. At least that way the forks will be good for years to come, even if that peace of mind comes with a hefty price tag!

Attachments

• 12477_10204000917847043_9114469223867122555_n.jpg
    12477_10204000917847043_9114469223867122555_n.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 147
Got any full side shots?

I think they would look so awesome on a full sus frame with a linkage rear end, specially if it was all polished frame, like an LTS? :LOL:

Looks good bud :cool:

Re:

Nooo what have you done :facepalm: :LOL:

Talking of polished full sussers with girvin forks, theres a Really nice amp research frame on ebay at the moment

Sean

unit3":1h13can6 said:
Got any full side shots?

I think they would look so awesome on a full sus frame with a linkage rear end, specially if it was all polished frame, like an LTS? :LOL:

Looks good bud :cool:

I don't know where I'd get my hands on a nice LTS... ;)

Back