16" Aqua Zaskar (Marmite Update 5/5/14)

Re:

Well, the Hope wheels are up for sale :(

On the plus side, these are on their way (minus the Yeti they're attached to ;))

No, they're not period correct (a full 9 years out!), but I think they're going to look fantastic :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 275
Re: 16" Aqua Zaskar (Update 9/4/14)

Love your Zaskar.

Still riding my 16" 1997 ink blue LE and loving it. I'm 5'9" and love the smaller build. It tracks in the tight technical stuff so well. The anodized paint is so durable it looks good 15 years later.

Re:

Well, this little update is sure to divide opinion!

I've decided to swap a few bits on the Zaskar. The seatpost and stem are going to be replaced with black Thomson units for a start.

And, as lovely as the Judys are, they're going too. They're being replaced with a set of NOS, never fitted Girvin Vector 2s :shock:

I think it's fair to say that Girvins are a marmite shock - you either love them or hate them. Personally, I love them and I've wanted a set for ages. The closest I got was a set of Quasar Linx forks back in the day, and they were a poor imitation to say the least!

So, the Girvins are on their way to me as we speak, along with a spring upgrade from the states, and a pretty cool set of replacement linkages in Aqua, to match the frame :cool:

I'll update the thread with photos once the forks have been fitted. I think the forks will look ace on a small frame. For now, here's a photo of the forks (without the elastomer shock) and linkages :)

DSC_2903_zps68faf2bf.jpg

DSC_2904_zpsc07b0e7a.jpg

DSC_2907_zps27ce8cf5.jpg

DSC_2908_zps41faae12.jpg

Re:

I love the look of the Girvin's but having never ridden one I can't comment on their effectivness. Personally, I wouldn't go black on the seatpost, but again to each their own.

Re: 16" Aqua Zaskar (Update 23/4/14)

Wow those linkages were quite a find!! Gonna look good, had some on a flames paint Karakoram bitd and they are well suited

Back