Zaskar Carbon STOLEN

Barneyballbags

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Well, it's always worth another post on here, just in case anyone has seen it, or been offered parts from it.

This is my Zaskar Carbon Team Issue. I bought it from Dave Wardell and it's a one-off 4x version. It was nicked from me last Autumn.

The bike was stolen from Worcester, so may still be around the Worcester/Birmingham area.

I replaced the forks that were on it with the RC40 XCAMs in the picture.

- Wheels are Team Green Hope Pro 3s laced to DT XR4.2 rims
- Brakes are Team Green Hope Tech X2s
- Shifter & Mech is SRAM X0
- Seatpost is Easton EC70
- Bars are Easton CNT DH
- Crankset is Truvativ Holzfeller
- Chain Device is MRP G2 Slalom

There is no serial number on the frame. There is a blank plate on the outside of the rear dropout where it normally would be. Decals on seatstays say "Team Issue Carbon Full Carbon Monocoque".

There is also a crack in the lacquer on the underside of the non-drive side seatstay/dropout junction. I peeled a bit of paint off to see if it was a crack in the frame (which, thankfully, it wasn't). So it has a couple of distinguishing marks.

I know it's the longest of longshots, but if anyone has seen or been offered this bike, then please let me know :)

Thanks
IMGP1574.jpg

nice bike
i have a normal shaped expert model
brilliant bike

hope yours turns up

Gazbally":38voywgc said:
hope it was insured barney? bstads imao :cry:

It was under the house insurance but wasn't covered as it wasn't in the house at the time it was pinched :(

I won't go into details as it really bloody annoys me (lack of any effort whatsoever by police etc)... Just posted on here in the hope that someone somewhere might see it!

I know the feeling bud, my B17 was nicked from my shed last summer, locked shed,locked back door, police said unlucky basically blah blah...luckily my sons mate saw some rat riding it, he took it off him and brought it back to me....it cost me 20 fags, a lucky escape...i hope it turns up bud...

Barneyballbags":xusohgqe said:
lack of any effort whatsoever by police etc
oh i so know that one, they did sweet F.A when my Marin got nicked :evil: Do hope u get lucky man.

If not, Karma always gets them in the end ;)

Wylie":iawb02v4 said:
oh i so know that one, they did sweet F.A when my Marin got nicked :evil: Do hope u get lucky man.

If not, Karma always gets them in the end ;)

Well I have to say that I've dealt with the police in the past and they've always been very helpful. It's just the particular officers/police force in this instance who were bloody useless! I more or less handed them the details of the thief on a plate (including the registration number of the van he was driving), but because they had no 'proof', they wouldn't even follow it up and pay the guy a visit to 'help with their enquiries'.

Back