Your advise/ideas/thoughts please................

dc13

Kona Fan
after this today...

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=51885

i decided to try a budget single speed project.........

50-100quid max as im dead skint n the mrs will kill me anway,
but i dont want to start a new "please give me free parts" thread, as im new here, and after witnesing the recent mazdaman fiasco. :shock:

so how do you guys do it? of course theres flea bay, but everytime im on there for cheap parts there is none...... :shock:
or theres loads of activity on everything i look at! or i find a bargain and its collection only........... :x

so before i embark on mission "Project skint" a single speed bike..........where do you guys get yous cheap bits from????

please give me some ideas. plus, what cheap'ish bits you might have for me??

my thoughts

frame wise,
i love kona's, but might look to try something else, not sure yet tho, not bothered what condition its in, long as its useable

project must be-

ss, and have disks (at least on the front)

on a karma note, and to avoid geting shot hung drawn n quartered, im going to start a karma /swap thread tomorrow with a few bits of retro gear from the shed in me ma's house, nothing amaizing, but retro never the less, just to show in willing and not just a skav! :shock: :shock: :oops:

so of we go, im open to ideas at this stage, hit me with your thoughts please
:D

nothing in's to waste in denbigh, some guy spends all day there every day, collecting every thing usefull might try rhyl tip tomorrow :D :cool:

i was just haveing a look at your cindercone, heres one of mine in ss mode.

Attachments

• STA79038.JPG
    STA79038.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 1,481
ahh thats where i got the pic of that kona from , i should really start naming the pics i save :LOL:

is it a factory black ?

i might sell my 03 lavadome frame soon

mine use very cheap consumable parts

trailstar frame was £26
rear ss wheel with 17t freewheel £15
ive bought very nice chainrings for as little as £4
an old mate gave me the middleburns
i use the cheapest 1/8 chains £2.50
ive had the same pedals for 10 years
£8 cheapy chong seatpost

the parts with any cost ive had for years

think outside the box , anything tagged "singlespeed" is a bust . go for the unliked parts and colours can be removed

keep an open mind and buy stuff as it appears . im currently compiling parts for a road bike

frame/headset/forks £1
stem £3
frontwheel and tyre £10

not doing too badly so far
:LOL:

I have a chain tensioner that you can have for not much dosh- however I would recommend getting a half link chain and attempting to get the magic ratio and so avoiding the need for one.

Back