Yet another Pace RC-100 resto...

I'll hang onto the 517 until I find another 231. It's in such good condition though I may keep it - it depends how fussy I get with the resto!

I ordered a new repro Turbo saddle instead of NOS - is that sacrilege...?

shedfull":nsm7j57b said:
I'll hang onto the 517 until I find another 231. It's in such good condition though I may keep it - it depends how fussy I get with the resto!

I ordered a new repro Turbo saddle instead of NOS - is that sacrilege...?

I put a repro turbo saddle on mine til i found a second hand period correct turbo saddle.
I have put a link below to the restoration i did on my rc100.
Sadly after a year i spotted a few cracks.

viewtopic.php?t=169918

really nice. Can we see some pics of the fully assembled bike?

I think I need to get on a finish mine, I've only had it 2 years. Anyone know how much argos charge to repaint one.

Slight problem with the frame stuck in my mate's shed in Leeds until second week in Feb - unless anyone from near Leeds is heading South any time soon?

I still need a few bits, particularly an XT rear mech, skewers and some period correct pedals.

Now I understand why the guy on eBay didn't reply when I asked him for a BIN price on the forks! You obviously bought it all in a job lot!

Jase36":15m93iao said:
I have an XT rear mech long cage, also have some Mint RC35s had new elastomers and decals and come with a spare crown and threaded steerer

Thanks Jase36 - forks are fat too modern for this project, but I'd bit your arm off I was doing an RC200!!!

Rear mech looks like an M737 - think I'll hold out for an M735 - thanks for posting though.

Back