WTD: CX bits (wheels, shifters, rear mech, chain keeper)

J.Dennis

Dirt Disciple
After a few parts to convert my surly cross check from single speed to geared. Perhaps the wrong place but I can't seem to find a dedicated 'cross classifieds forum.

Wheels. Ideally black and with a high spoke count. Capable of taking a shimano 7/8/9 speed cassette, coming with a cassette would be even better. Clinchers please.

Rear derailleur. long cage. Shimano again.

Shifters. Bar end shifters would be great, brifters will be out of my price range I think.

Something to keep my chain on. I was thinking Paul's chain keeper, I'll consider other methods though. 28.6mm seat tube diameter.

J.Dennis":mjyqfqtp said:
After a few parts to convert my surly cross check from single speed to geared. Perhaps the wrong place but I can't seem to find a dedicated 'cross classifieds forum.

Wheels. Ideally black and with a high spoke count. Capable of taking a shimano 7/8/9 speed cassette, coming with a cassette would be even better. Clinchers please.

Rear derailleur. long cage. Shimano again.

Shifters. Bar end shifters would be great, brifters will be out of my price range I think.

Something to keep my chain on. I was thinking Paul's chain keeper, I'll consider other methods though. 28.6mm seat tube diameter.

I've got some new 32 spoke wheels. Shimano 2200 hub & box shaped Mach 1 project rims (good bike radar review), stainless steel double butted spokes. Lower end of the market but I chose them for robustness. Never used as I bought them for a bike I'm selling (but not succeeding)
£80 posted & you can have the Schwalbe Stelvios & tubes for nowt plus a 9 speed 12-25 CS-HG70 but the 17/19 cogs are worn the rest is very useable (fully cleaned & the cogs do come apart seperately on this model so are replaceable)

I've also got a very decent tight as a drum M570 LX long cage very clean with 1 minor scuff for £10 more or £12 seperately incl.postage or an Ultegra long cage with a medium sized scuff for £15 if with the wheels or £17 posted seperately.
4863770300_84bb717b1c_b.jpg

Sorry Tony, interested in wheels a bit higher-end/lighter than that, seems like a great deal though! May well be in touch with you regarding derailleurs shortly.

hi ya when you say CX, do you mean Shimano CX?

I have virtually a full CX 400 Groupset

let me know if of any interest

thanks

Charlie

oops cyclo cross=CX :oops: :oops: :oops:

I have a nice 9 speed Deore XT rear mech with long cage, think it's M760. Lower jockey wheel has a split (see photo, work perfectly I assure you though) hence price £12 posted if interested ;)

46735_474399136170_586536170_7166700_1970579_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back