WTD:chain guide and tensioner

twain

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
given up waiting for the part i 'won' on ebay, so need to ask here for a chain guide similar to the one i bid on (needs to be BB mounted as there be a dent that stops me from clamping properly round the seat tube) :roll:
link:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160670173902? ... 500wt_1166

my chainring = 40T

would also like a rear chain tensioner too......

similar sort of price would be nice too :)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Those DMR guides are ment to have a clamp that goes around the seat tube that bolts to the top guide part. Without it the top guide will be quite flimsy. I have had 2 of them and they both had them and they both had the collar and they really do need the collar.

I would look for a second hand Truvativ Boxguide. I have had 2 of these as well and they work really really well. Easier to setup then the DMR and I never ever had an issue with mine. They are only BB mount so would be a much better option for you.

Oh you have to watch as well as the Boxguides come with 2 different BB mountings. Normal where you clamp your BB on to it and also ISCG mount.

how far up the seat tube would they clamp? the dent i have is right near the bottom (incidentally where the front mech needs to be mounted) if it is mounted higher than that on the DMR chain guide then it should be fine.

however, if there is a better one (i.e. the Truvativ box guide you mention) i'm happy to try that out...

I'm pretty sure i have the same DMR chain device in my box somewhere i could sell you for £10 + £2 p&p if you are interested - as the previous poster mentioned it would need clamping on the seat tube as well as the bb mount.

let me know

cheers

From memory with the clamp it goes up by the top of the chain ring, it clamps to the actual guide.

Out of the 2 of them though I preferred the Truvativ Boxguide, easier to setup and never had a chain issue, either on my full sus or hardtail.

Although the DMR guide is good, apart from the odd loose bolt (more my fault) I never had an issue, and my best mate has had one since they first came out years and years ago and loves it.

Back