WOW - This forum brings back some memories

matt@theforce

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
When I was in my teens I saved my paper round money with the intention of upgrading from my Raleigh Mustang to a GT Avalanche but never made it :(

Instead I ended up buying a Cygnal which served its purpose well even though I was laughed at by friends who had a Kona Hahanna and Specialized Hard Rock.

I have to say, this forum is bringing back so many memory's of bikes that I would have loved to own.

Maybe one day I will actually own my GT Avalance

Matthew

Well, you're in the right place :)

Stick a post in the Wanted section - I'm sure you'll be able to find an Avalanche and relive all those childhood memories!

I'm just waiting for my new Alpinestars Al Mega to arrive so that I can relive mine ;)

Barneyballbags":25dnwbyi said:
Well, you're in the right place :)

Stick a post in the Wanted section - I'm sure you'll be able to find an Avalanche and relive all those childhood memories!

I'm just waiting for my new Alpinestars Al Mega to arrive so that I can relive mine ;)

I'd be in serious trouble with SWMBO if I bought anything else bike related at the moment

:eek:ff togo looking for another bike: :facepalm:

Welcome to the site......fix your goggles and dive in!.....it's the best possible corner of the net if you spent your 'yoof looking at a bike shop window, loads of great people too.....you will be made most welcome!....

Thanks for the Warm Welcome.

I've now found it was the 1992 GT Avalanche that I was lusting after in White when I was 14.

No pictures of cars on my bedroom walls, just black paint and several posters of the GT.

I'm now torn between getting a Carbon HT for my winter build ready for next year or looking at a Retro bike. Not sure I would want to commute 20miles on a retro bike at 5am though

Matthew

matt@theforce":h92dhqsq said:
I'm now torn between getting a Carbon HT for my winter build ready for next year or looking at a Retro bike. Not sure I would want to commute 20miles on a retro bike at 5am though

Matthew

Why? I have done 2000 odd miles on my retro road bikes this year! And still here....just :)

Welcome to site, the place where 1 becomes 10 very, very quickly!!

cornholio's RC200":14oj28do said:
.....Just lock up your wallet

I used to be quiet wealthy when I first arrived here :LOL:

If you're into retro bikes, it's quite easy to make a small fortune.

Back