Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Klein Mantra

• Trek Y-Frames and their derivatives

• Raleigh Activator II

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
Activator 2 - not only was it crap but it's given me a unfair suspicion of all things Rockshox due to the cringworthy TV advertising.

Now, I can't bring myself to slag off the Activator 2. Yes, it's a shit bike beyond belief.......however......

There was a rider in the downhill at the Caterick NEMBA, way back in the mists of time who was racing on an Activator 2. How we laughed between ourselves at him for racing on such a crap bike.

Until we saw him racing on it, fecking hell..... mind blowingly fast! We soon stopped slagging him off afterwards!

LeeDevelopment":f0t3gd50 said:
......There was a rider in the downhill at the Caterick NEMBA, way back in the mists of time who was racing on an Activator 2. How we laughed between ourselves at him for racing on such a crap bike.......

That's nothing! I had a mate that raced on a Magna Fugitive and it had sidepull brakes and steel wheels! :shock: :shock: He raced it in the old MbI series. All he did to it was to fit some Tioga Psychos and a pair of toeclips.

At the finish of some of the races there were some riders who complained to the officials about him. These were mainly the "all the gear and no idea" riders that were p1ssed at him because they couldn't beat him on their £2/3000 GTs with Spin wheels and such like. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

A few years ago, before I was doing the sort of stuff I do now I used to work with people who had learning disabilities. The biggest part of my job was getting people to use bikes as transport.

There was a bike, no idea who made it, but it was called a "Ranger XC" that was owned by someone I worked with. It was built massively out of alignment, that is you couldn't ride it in a straight line.

I took him touring in the Cotswolds for a week, where it had an "accident" and was replaced with a secondhand Dawes Horizon. ;)

Talking of Dawes, I don't see how you can have a worst mountain bike poll without including them.

When I was thirteen, I saved up a year's worth of pocket money, sold my Peugeot Ranger 'mountain bike' (that was another 45lbs of non-stopping horror) and took my parents to the local bike shop to sort out my birthday present. We agreed that I would be getting one of the new, yellow, Specialized Rockhoppers with the U-brake under the chainstay. I was so happy.

Come the big day, I wake up hugely excited, run into the living room. There's a large gift-wrapped package in the corner. I wait for my parents to get up. My excitement builds. They get up. I start to tear at the wrapping paper. IT'S A ******* DAWES!!!!

They bought it because it was the same colour as the Rockhopper and a bit cheaper. I didn't say anything - just offered a weak smile.

Call me petulant, but I hated that bike.

Activator is a dire bike. There's one in the bike shed at work that someone has abandoned and I swear it's left there because no one has the strength to move it as it's made from solid pig iron!

Raleigh Activator II

Neil G
How much do you want for the activator II in the shed ?
Id take it off your hands

My first, and worst bike...

First MTB, a DUAL suspension Emmelle.

emmelle-intense-gents-18-speed-dual-suspension.jpg

How excited was I?

How heavy was this lump of iron?

Nearly had a hernia humping it round Glentress in 2001.

Back