• Klein Mantra

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trek Y-Frames and their derivatives

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Raleigh Activator II

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
legrandefromage":3iyvayyp said:
I had to repair a Rock & Roll and it was the worst thing I've ever had to put a spanner near.
and unlike every other bike mentioned here I can't imagine anyone liking it -it was just crap in every way.

To think they sold an XTR version... talk about polishing a turd!

nporternz":1fchx4zk said:
i'll go for the hidden option of......

anything with an "extra" triangle!! (bikes have 2 not 3!!!!)

:roll: Please...

Real mountain bikes have three triangles and an irregular quadrilateral! :LOL: :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_4854small.JPG
    IMG_4854small.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 2,562
utahdog2003":2iju85wk said:
nporternz":2iju85wk said:

Real mountain bikes have three triangles and an irregular quadrilateral! :LOL: :cool:

haha - thats one cool bike - even the pitcture of it shouldnt be allowed on a thread saying worst mtb ever!!

i was more referring to GT - cant stand those things - horrid to look at and horrid to ride. had a zaskar le with xtr, syncros etc etc. traded it in after a week

the ONLY nice GT is the RTS in my mind - i know I will get a few people saying I must be joking but there will also be people that dont like bikes I have - and thats fine

nporternz":13it3ula said:
utahdog2003":13it3ula said:
nporternz":13it3ula said:

haha - thats one cool bike - even the pitcture of it shouldnt be allowed on a thread saying worst mtb ever!!

Its the irregular quadrilateral that makes it, baby. Geometry is so sexy. :p

I had a 1997 Trek Y11 with a full xtr group, hope ti wheels and a full decking of USE bits.
Honestly i loved it, i liked the fact that the suspension action stiffened when i stood up, and when going downhill just sit down and pull up on the spds ever so slightly.
Saying that though, I now have a Trek Fuel EX8 2009 version, and its a better bike allround albeit a few pounds heavier.

I think people who diss such a revolutionary frame design without ever having ridden one are numptys!

Raleigh Activator II has to be the worst bike ever.

I've had 2 Trek Ys (a bare carbon Y22 and a YSL300) and found them very good for XC racing. You just had to replace the shock on the YSL as the SID rear shocks were crap (mine blew up on my first race).

Latest posts

Back