Work bikes

Mine. 1987 Brodie Romax. Daily commuter. 25km round trip.

87-brodie-romax-full.jpg

davidlewis":3ionnbey said:
Mine. 1987 Brodie Romax. Daily commuter. 25km round trip.

87-brodie-romax-full.jpg
How far down in that frame (in relation to the top tube junction) does that seatpost go?

Ha. I know where you are going with this.

It's a long post, but I'm at the max line. I think it hits the junction of the seat post and top tube. Going to have to check. I do watch the bike closely, and so far no fatigue issues.

The angle of the picture doesn't help with perspective lightly, though it is high. I'm 6'4" w/ 36" inseam.

This is a 1995 Saracen Backtrax frame (NOS from Bankrupt Surplus), built up with various odds and sods, which does me on my 8 mile round trip, which has a 100m ascent going home. That's Sheffield for you.

Green8_zps5df44354.jpg

Re:

swapped this - nice light Vitus 971 frame with Dura Ace early parts and a very convenient Suntour XC Pro thumbshifter for the city

P1030350_zpsced21957.jpg

to this to go in Paris as the pavement and cobblestones ( yes - there are quite a few left) are really too harsch on a lasting golfer's elbow :?

A build on a Sunn Revolt Fuji SL 1998 frame with Sachs Quarz rear mech, XTR triggers and Avid Arch 50 calipers
black Brubz2 front hub and rear black LX with nice 217 Mavic rims with final period Gold Python that were in the stock of parts.
Heavier than the first build but much more comfortable !

Re:

Not sure if I posted up the work bike after the new powder coat so here goes. 1988 Alves...

12284367843_2e83631a42_b.jpg

I no longer have the Brooks saddle, it was probably shoddy workmanship that caused the saddle to snap in half after only 42 years of use. Appalling.

Back