Work bikes

I can call work bikes those which i use mostly. I ride enormous amount, most of the mileage was done on these.
For a long time this was my only one, used day to day. Still own it, but barely ridden, shame on me.

Then i realised that i want to ride retro no matter what, and they should be cheap.
So downgraded to this, which i found almost nos. Panniers are way uncool, according to @grantoury

And to this, which is also used as a work bike sometimes, because my casual shop rides are 40 km ones on forest trails.

And i don't like mudguards, i like tire clearance. If it comes to get a little dirty, so what? Say no to mudguards.
View attachment 690253

Nice boots mate! Hope they're treating you well.

Mt Bogong Club Working Bee (70 of 126).jpg

Last edited:
Nice boots mate! Hope they're treating you well.

View attachment 696046
Absolutely. They are the second pair of these i have, the older version served a long time, and also got one pair of the short version, they are in daily use. Perfect for my style of biking...
When it comes to carry or push the bike on muddy or slippery terrain, going through creeks, etc, useful ones...
If this is a Vaude tent on your pic, than maybe we have similar taste in gear...

Cheers!

Ha! I too have the low-cut version, as well as the crampon-compatible version (the 'Rapace'). Great boots! (though the pictured model were dodged by cracks in the lace hook eyelets - keen an eye out for that!) Can't say I've cycled in the taller boot but my low cut pair have seen many kms of pedalling.
Tent in the background is not a Vaude but a Macpac. It's a Kiwi brand who make some truely excellent equipent. Model in question is called the MInret and will literally go anywhere!

15047557802_e928967fa6_c.jpg

Last edited:
Ha! I too have the low-cut version, as well as the crampon-compatible version (the 'Rapace'). Great boots! (though the pictured model were dodged by cracks in the lace hook eyelets - keen an eye out for that!) Can't say I've cycled in the taller boot but my low cut pair have seen many kms of pedalling.
Tent in the background is not a Vaude but a Macpac. It's a Kiwi brand who make some truely excellent equipent. Model in question is called the MInret and will literally go anywhere!

View attachment 696108
Yes macpac is great. I have a small backpack of them, all good.
Very nice pic..
Where is that?
I miss tent life..
I was biking even in Lowa winter boots, and on extremely cold days in the La Sportiva expedition ones. They have C soles...

Oh, amazing!

Image snapped at the summit of Mt Bogong (Victoria, Australia). It's not often the opportunity presents to pitch at the summit but on this occation, we'd had a week of lovely still weather so we chanced it. It absolutely paid off!

• Love
Reactions: R-V
Oh, amazing!

Image snapped at the summit of Mt Bogong (Victoria, Australia). It's not often the opportunity presents to pitch at the summit but on this occation, we'd had a week of lovely still weather so we chanced it. It absolutely paid off!
So you are enjoying summer atm! Ooh...
That peak must be around 2000 meter high or so.. Maybe when i'm done here i end up in NZ...

My daily jambeater a 90/91 Huffy Mt Storm all original other than the pannier and a Farmer Johns Nephew on back as i wore out the original rear tyre : / must have been an import as the brakes are wrong way round [which doesnt really matter as they just about stop and you could call them brakes as such] obs not a rare or pricey bike when it got spat out the factory but is super reliable and quite a comfy ride for a rigid i ve grown to love it
P1100554.JPG

It's a Kiwi brand who make some truely excellent equipent. Model in question is called the MInret and will literally go anywhere!

Fantastic tents. I still have my mid 90's model with a spare flysheet made out of the modern material (well early Y2k's!). It will see me out. I like the tapered height, big porch, early model. According to some Macpac reps I talked to many years ago the configuration of the new one was driven by the northern European market wanting more length & headroom. I no longer use it for backpacking but ideal for bike touring.

Pitch below Mayar.jpg

new flysheet on test.
DSC02065.JPG

Latest posts

Back