Winter Rides....what you using?

Winter riding? It’s all chalk around here so it turns into a white paste that’s gets everywhere. Did it once & didn’t like it, so for me winter = bike build, turbo trainer, road rides. Oh & being perfectly secure about being identified as a girl by LGF 😁

Winter riding? It’s all chalk around here so it turns into a white paste that’s gets everywhere. Did it once & didn’t like it, so for me winter = bike build, turbo trainer, road rides. Oh & being perfectly secure about being identified as a girl by LGF 😁

Chalk and cheese.

Road salt. Dug out the ground not far from here. Mixed with grit pulled off the river bed not far from here.
Together they make a compound that strips paint, plating and grease before bathing it in corrosive compounds.

Similar to Yorkshire coast but with more scouse.

I'm using the winter to rebuild the few bikes I have left which left me with 3 bikes in pieces and none rideable. So I bought this modern Vitus for £30 in a sorry state but easily repairable. Put a new set of brakes on it and a few tweaks and now using it for the muddy rides (because everywhere is a mudbath around me at the moment) and I couldn't give a damn about it getting scratched up, damaged etc.

Attachments

• vitus.jpg
    vitus.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 13
That's more hill than there is in the whole of my county! 😂

You still have pedals on it or is it just foot pegs?😉

Back