Who's got what on the go, right now...??

1991 Marin Muirwoods
Needs some T.L.C, specifically a shifter rebuild. Brocklanders kindly gave me some spare rapidfire mechanisms but when I install them I want to do photo's and a "how to" thread for other people who want to restore rapidfire units. If it all goes t*ts-up I'm going to put in some Deore thumbies. There's also an RB plan to bulk respray members' zolatone frames but a more pressing need is the badly faded decals which should be fl green and faded forks. I've got the spray can...

1994 Kawasaki KMB450.
I started the rebuild in February and thought I had it reasonably finished but people at the Cake-Run kept asking me why I had locked the forks out... It turns out they have a generous 10mm of travel. My half baked plan to slim down some Land-Rover Discovery suspension bushes thus re-juvenating the forks for about £3.50 has resulted in a broken favourite kitchen knife so now I have some re-manufactured RST400 elastomers from Suspensionforkparts.net as well as new fork gaitors. Also a plan to try and see if it is possible to wire up the righthand gripshifter so that it twists towards you for high gears- mimicking a motorbike throttle- is in the offing. As I've realised that it has a wopping huge 19" frame I'm planning to get this finished before my lanky mate comes to stay so I can lend him it and we can go riding together.

1994 Stumpy
Brought last year from Woody and used once for a tow path ride to see if the canals through Manchester would be suitable for an urban kayaking expedition [They're not, on so many levels :shock: ] I've been gathering parts up ready for rebuild. I'd like it to be ready for the B.D.W or day in the Peaks in September.

199x "Team Banana Falcon"
I thought this was finished and then woke up with an urge to de-Shimano it. I'd brought a Huret rear derailleur and then saw a lovely Ofmega [1980's -90's Eurotrash groupset*] Mundial/ Master transmission on Fleabay which I had to have. Also got a black Campag Mirage and silver Miche performance calipers to fit on [Front and back of bike are different colours hence mismatched brakes] and have just seen some drilled Weinmann leavers.

*I may be wrong but the impression I get is that Campagnolo stuff is a classy girl while Ofmega was the sort who slept with Berlusconi so she could get a job as a weather girl on one of his television stations.

All this is dependent on making space in the garage to do it, which depends on my Cagiva Mito engine rebuild because until my little heart-breaker is rebuilt all the space will stay crammed with exhausts and engine casings. Also now the recession is over people are starting to rip their kitchens out and renovate their houses again so it's also full of nice lengths of discarded timber from the skips outside the posh people's houses, So at the moment it is a kind of stalled man-shed hell that the creators of Wallace and Gromit would dismiss as been too extreme to be credible.

Orange o2 1997 well it will be a project when it arrives :D

Scott Comp racing 1997 built too quickly with worn out parts so its a constant battle replacing things for better quality and better condition parts.

2007 Viper sick boy I brpke the cranks :oops:

Hoping to get my '91 Grello Yo Eddy sorted for Mayhem. Got all the parts.
To be closely followed (I hope) by a '96 Ti Mojo.

I've got my khs team. Its a rider in ss form at the minute but i'm hopingto return it to catalogue spec.

Also looks like i've bought another proflex too!

About to convert last year's Rockhopper Nitanium 19" into a roadrunner 1x8 on 1.5 slicks with amber walls and chrome bar and stem.

And ransack my beloved 17" Rockhopper for all its bits (I'm sure he'll be back though, much love...) to transplant them onto the incoming Psycle Werks Wild Hare......can't wait to give that one a run through the thick of it! ;)

About to convert last year's Rockhopper Nitanium 19" into a roadrunner 1x8 on 1.5 slicks with amber walls and chrome bar and stem.

And ransack my beloved 17" Rockhopper for all its bits (I'm sure he'll be back though, much love...) to transplant them onto the incoming Psycle Werks Wild Hare......can't wait to give that one a run through the thick of it! ;)

Building an Orange E3, bought the frame a couple of months ago, have forks, stem, BB, headset, bars, just bought XT (737) shifters, brakes and rear mech today (cheers Tallpaul).

My builds tend to take ages as i dont have a stash of parts and tend not to strip bikes, i buy a frame then have to hunt down everything for it.

Also have a Cruiser/Klunker project on the back burner.

Would realy like to build an Orange Prestige, love the ride of my Clockwork, wanted to try a same period (90-91) Prestige in comparison but cant find a frame for sale anywhere.

Corduroyboy":2j965wxq said:
Fuquay Full Suspension ('Dexter' FZ1) as seen here:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=146628

Plus 4 others that are currently top-secret! :p
So it was you who outbid me whilst my Internet was playing up. I really wanted that frame too, but at least it will be on here to look at once finished.

As for my contribution to projects on the go:

Giant carbon cadex, started midweek, hope to find time to finish tomorrow.

Fat chance yo eddy. Forks are about the only part I've got planned. Not sure whether to m952 it, or go for a mix of m900 but with xt m739 v brakes. Main reason for the vs is that I have a carbon styff brace for my judy sls, so want to use it, otherwise I have some anno blue curve cantis, or some m900s. I may also try thumbies, as it's been a while.

Rocky mountain cirrus. Depending on how the yo goes, what's left over will be used on this.

Must also finish/modify my mongoose amplifier, as I have a few modifications I want to try out, including a risse shock for the rear, and some law will leader forks up front, new bars, green king aheadset, green rings and bolts to name a few.

A couple of small mods to the clockwork

New seat post for thhe rascal, and maybe some gator faded bouncy forks.

That's all :oops:

Still want the fuquay :roll:

Busy working on a little something with FTW...

FTWHeadbadge1.jpg

it has begun......!

Back