Who Still Rides Retrobikes

The destruction of modern to preserve retro is good but to totally replace retro with modern is bad. Glad to see some/many of you are still true to the cause :cool:

I have 3 retro rides and 1 modern.
The retro I don't ride cos they are just frames at the moment. 2 are up for sale too.

Not been on a decent ride on retro for ages tbh. Only got the Tufftrax atm and it's not the best for long rides. My main riding pals are beavis and giant-one. The big lad has sold all his retro but beavis still has a few.

Saying all that, I've hardly been out at all for months. Just don't seem to have the time. :(

I don't ride retro any more; the low stance gives me elbow grief, but I'm still on steel built by chaps in the same sheds they were in 20 years ago...
It is pretty obvious some people just like to polish their retro bikes. It is especially worrying that they've forgotten they are bikes. The tend to refer to them as "builds", even long after they've finished building them... :roll:

The newest bike I own is from 1996. I ride them daily all year round. The best retro MTB is one with mud on it. I find it rather sad when I see pictures of bike collections that aren't actually used.

My newest bike is a 1996 and they are all ridden although only certain ones in the worst of the winter weather.

I ride either my RC200 F8 or one of the RC300's daily. 4 of the other The other 7 Pace hang on the walls around the flat in an effort to annoy you & look pretty. The remaining Pace are stored as frames & parts. The Lotus sits in the hallway begging to be remembered and the restoration kick started once more. And the two Roberts are in storage in the north.

Oh and I have a GT road bike that is in a friends garage in Oxford, I nearly forgot about that one, I have not seen it in 3 years!

Latest posts

Back