Who recognizes this bike (frame, seatpost)

Re: Re:

toaster999":9jjspkrg said:
Van Nicholas from Holland.

Custom/tailor made. Nice frame.

I dit not know that they made frames for such a long time. How did you recognized it?

There is olso a strange story that came with the bike. This was the bike of the shimano (benelux) sales-director. He was using this bike to look at the track of a worldcup race in Houffalize years ago and died that day at the race.The bike has not been used that much since that day.

Re:

Sorry not a V.N then - they are to modern, thought it might be modern frame with old bits but with that history could be many things.

Given the previous owner I still suggest its been custom made, so you may never know for sure.

Re:

I'm going out on a limb here with a blind guess....

Is it a RED titanium? Anyone else remember them? mid 90's cheap from Russia, good value for money but lacked some of the refinement of the established ti frames. I only wonder this cos it only has one set of bottle bosses

Can I find any info...... err no :facepalm:

Re:

that quashes that theory, the titanium red has 2 sets of bottle bosses, and reinforcing rings n the headtube. nice.

Not that I know what it is but does it have a serial number? maybe that will help someone point you in the right direction!

Tony....

Back