Who knows about Goldtec then? Hub stuff....

lawson

Retro Guru
As title really, I am aware of who Goldtec were as a company as I grew up 10 minutes from them, but I'm not aware of the following pic.

Does anyone know why the etching has Magura on it? I can't find any info anywhere on what the Hub is and why it would have the etching on it that it does?

Any ideas? Cheers Mike 1000066825.png

Goldtec afaik were early contemporary to Hope, I had a set of their hubs and one of their plated lightweight cassettes. Titanium Nitride coated I think, I never found them to last any longer than ordinary cassettes! They looked pretty bling though, I was surprised they did not make it through the storm. Great British engineering thouhh.

Goldtec afaik were early contemporary to Hope, I had a set of their hubs and one of their plated lightweight cassettes. Titanium Nitride coated I think, I never found them to last any longer than ordinary cassettes! They looked pretty bling though, I was surprised they did not make it through the storm. Great British engineering thouhh.
Yes, they did some cool looking kit, but why Magura on it?

Is it a disc hub? Maybe they made some hubs for early magura discs or something? Nice hubs, I have a nice wheelset sporting some blue ones awaiting a build.

Betd are still going and selling goldtec stuff. Also own middleburn now.

Back