White spider

I think the first WS were built in 87/88. I’m always hoping I’ll come across one

Ive had contact with the owner....deffo a white spider, he says he is the only owner and has photos of him racing it bitd.....make of it what you will.

Nice frame, but needs some serious work and a bit of cash spent.

Btw, he apparently has an offer od £230 on the table, but i think we is expecting (possibly quite rightly) more.

Ive had contact with the owner....deffo a white spider, he says he is the only owner and has photos of him racing it bitd.....make of it what you will.

Nice frame, but needs some serious work and a bit of cash spent.

Btw, he apparently has an offer od £230 on the table, but i think we is expecting (possibly quite rightly) more.
Good work! 👍👏

Double eyelets on the frame show it’s not a full race bike. Pump peg was a standard option, even on race bikes back then, but pannier racks weren’t a big race accessory.

That's custom for you...the whim of the customer.....shopping and racing...im sure we all remember when we only had 1 bike .......oh the horror.!

Now £255 on bids with 4 days to go! What we guessing £350?

Its only going to need £120 to £140 quids worth of paint and decals.....and until you strip it you will never know what lurks under that broom application paint job!

Makes @retrobikeguy look like the bargain it is!

Plus you get some other bits!

Great point..
I’ve learnt the hard way of buying what you think is a project frame ,and lurking under the paint are some horrible bodges, when sometimes pay a bit more and get a complete bike even if you split the parts..
@retrobikeguys does look a steal compared to this one.🤷🏻‍♂️

Great point..
I’ve learnt the hard way of buying what you think is a project frame ,and lurking under the paint are some horrible bodges, when sometimes pay a bit more and get a complete bike even if you split the parts..
@retrobikeguys does look a steal compared to this one.🤷🏻‍♂️
But what is that origional fork and tall headtube worth to our aging backs? :LOL:
(RBG's frame is lovely and value for money BTW)

My ears are burning.....

The 89 Roberts frame is still available, and I have some alternative decals for it too, to confirm that it is fully fillet brazed without rack and guard mounts unlike my black /snow leopard.

Latest posts

Back