which pro's bike would you have?

Not a race bike as far as I know but it would have to be JMC's Specialized M2 as used in Dirt. He was my hero at the time and I'd still love to have that little bike!

jamabikes":32kerewx said:
shaun palmers m1

intense_m1.JPG

I guess you know that pic isnt palmers. his was on ebay earlier this year & didnt reach reserve.

Not retro, not MTB and not ex-pro (so I guess I'm not really answering the question properly, although you could argue that he should be an ex-pro)...I give you Ivan Basso's 2011 SuperSix

580_400_5760_sourceImage.jpg

But to answer the question properly, it has to be Tomac's drop bar Yeti:

1990_tomac_Yet_c26_riding.jpg

Johnny_drop_jump.jpg

xizang":1gqsuf5k said:
MCsanandreas":1gqsuf5k said:
Barneyballbags":1gqsuf5k said:
jamabikes":1gqsuf5k said:
shaun palmers m1

I very nearly said one of Palmer's bikes myself - I always liked his S-Works 4X bike :cool:

that M1 is a beast!

Good call but I'd go for JMC's Spesh FSR as seen in this pic

pbpic1667103.jpg

man it was a hard call between shaun and jase. it went down to if i had to chose one to own and ride then shauns wins, and if it were one to own and frame then jasons fsr wins. with me its riders over queens every time.

Pickle":3ipg7mlx said:
worthless%20thread%20without%20pics.gif

Always wanted this bike as a teenager, and havent changed my mind even now I'm 31! :LOL:

3002429714_25848f6c27_b_122.jpg

I was Marshall at a national race in the new forest - one of my fondest memories was standing totally alone in a field (spectators not allowed), on the last corner of the XC course, 300yds from the finish line. The crowd was waiting to see the first pro to finish.

Dave Baker and Barry Clarke came over the crest of the hill shoulder to shoulder, and rounded the corner in front of me - it was eerily silent as my two MTB heroes (I was young) on my favourite bike(s) passed, in perfect unison and disappeared towards the roaring crowds, to an almost photo finish.

Epic. Will never forget it. So yeah, That's the best pro bike. Ever.

Steve (aged 32 and a quarter)

tomacs 94 raliegh.......looks awsome
bakers 92/93 raliegh........very functional with 1 thumby 1 rf+
thackrays 1990 rc100.......sums up pace and retrobike for me

mint sauces green rc200 :roll:........jo made it look ace

but tbh if i had to choose 1 it would be jmc's salsa ala carte with disc drive,left a lasting impression on me i will never forget.
ride free

:(

Palmer's M1 & JMC's Salsa

Attachments

• JMC2.jpg.scaled.1000.jpg
    JMC2.jpg.scaled.1000.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 1,862
  • Palmer with Intense M1-SL rber.jpg
    Palmer with Intense M1-SL rber.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 1,862
g_baz":2zjlzp22 said:
Not a race bike as far as I know but it would have to be JMC's Specialized M2 as used in Dirt. He was my hero at the time and I'd still love to have that little bike!

in my quest to avoid going back to the drivel that is tv i have also found my old vcr and a load of videos. i have a copy of Dirt in there! also have the DVD that came with 20th(?) anniversary MBUK. that does not have the original sound track tho.

Back