Which brand and why

Nothing else compares to Trimble. And SRAM works and looks great. SO why buy Shimano?

Hope, USE, Royce & Middleburn are best of British. Magura best rim brakes.

Grafton speed sticks are the best cranks. Mavic rims are the only rim.

All tried and tested and work sweet. So why buy any other?

GT because... Errr... I bought a GT. Then I wanted a new bike and bought another.

The first one was cheap and the second was a pretty colour.

varies from month to month
and i rarely sell any

as for parts anything cnc'd
in no particular order ,cooks,ringle,answer,machine tech,srp,onza,hope,pace
and so on

getting new shed soon too

I do love Breezers, -they're just such sweet handling bikes, and Joe's a really cool guy too.

Component-wise I've a bit of a collection of vintage Campag chainsets and rear mech's, and I'm a sucker for anything intricate or elegantly engineered so there's some Westpine, Pauls etc.

brocklanders023":1deh64rt said:
Orange for me as a result in spending far too much time in Stif and Airevalley Cycles in the early '90's. Thought the original Stif shop was just about the coolest place on earth when I was 13. The fact that they didn't make a budget bike but the Clockworks were just about obtainable also helped. Oh, and they are a local company.

Had a brief affair with a GT around 2000 as I was trying to get back into the sport, wanted a full suss and didn't like what Orange had on offer at the time but quickly returned to Orange and haven't looked back since.

I also have an interest in early 90's Marins as they were my pals brand of choice bitd. :cool:

i would cycle to stiff most saturday from scissett nr denby dale and back 60 mile round trip to drowl over the anodized bits bitd.
si

I love nineties marins :cool: I worked in stuart males cycles years ago and they had the lot;team titanium,team issue,all the lower models and had a mount vision prototype in very early 1997 :shock: I drooled over that frame for several months and could not afford to buy one :cry: I have had palisades;eldridge;bear valley etc.and this year I found a new old stock mount vision mark 1 1997 :shock: :shock: :shock: with benneton designed rear end :cool: cost me ££££s but had to have it :D
also had a brief thing for scotts;Endorphin frame also 1997 which I bought by working saturday mornings for a year £1299 :shock: sold it in 2000 worst thing I ever done :cry: :cry:

Parkpre

My first Parkpre was bought direct from the UK distributors. I worked for a company that supplied them with stuff for another branch of their business. Got chatting to the guys about bikes and things and they made me an offer I could not refuse on an ex-demo bike. The one used by MTB PRO mag. Later on I was offered the warranty return frames for nought. Most were write-offs but three of them were only cosmetic issues. Two top end 15" steel frames and Clive Powells Ti frame which had a crack round the BB shell.

When Parkpre USA closed there doors the website address was allowed to expire and I bought it when it became free - parkpre.com - this is now my website which is used as a resource for Parkpre owners. I have contact with Ken Yamakoshi, the son of the founder of Parkpre USA, who is very helpful when it comes to answering historical or technical questions.

Now have 4 Parkpre's in various states of assemblage but my favourite is still the first one I ever owned my Parkpre Pro Image, which is probably the rarest model out of the range.

Orange.

The first MBUK I bought in 1995 tested a P7. I wanted one from that day on... I have 3 oranges now... (has been up to 6!)

And on the roadbike front, I favour the italians. Purely tarty reasoning, mind.

THWANG-666":21px8if5 said:
brocklanders023":21px8if5 said:
Orange for me as a result in spending far too much time in Stif and Airevalley Cycles in the early '90's. Thought the original Stif shop was just about the coolest place on earth when I was 13. The fact that they didn't make a budget bike but the Clockworks were just about obtainable also helped. Oh, and they are a local company.

Had a brief affair with a GT around 2000 as I was trying to get back into the sport, wanted a full suss and didn't like what Orange had on offer at the time but quickly returned to Orange and haven't looked back since.

I also have an interest in early 90's Marins as they were my pals brand of choice bitd. :cool:

i would cycle to stiff most saturday from scissett nr denby dale and back 60 mile round trip to drowl over the anodized bits bitd.
si

Another Stif convert here, whilst brocklanders was drooling over the Orange range I must have been drooling over the odd looking square tubed frames.

A local firm doing things differently and with a certain style, a visit to the kirby moorside factory secured Pace at the top of my wants list.

Now I must have one of the most complete range collections going :)

Back