Which bike shop did you like most back in the day?

daj":1k0aiswl said:
Noahs ark near Stroud :D

Second the boat in stroud. The one in Cheltenahm was also cool.
Bike Tech Cheltenham.
Cheltenham Cycles
Williams
Roylans
Bob Griffin

Shockwave Nottingham was also nuts. Went in there early 90s. Stuff I'd only seen in mags - Manitous and other crazy stuff. Came away with a set of powergrips :LOL:

Stif in Headingley (Leeds) - just down the road from where I used to live.

I was in there continuously with my Kestrel MXZ. I remember MAG20's had just come out and I had a lot of teething problems.

Spent a LOT of time with their guy called 'DT' (wonder if he still works there?!!).

Get pedal'in in Colchester BITD.... stocked Marin, Alpinestars etc. ( now long gone )
Channels in Chelmsford.... brought my first "O" from the ' portakabin of delights'
Kingston cycles at university ' student loan temptation shop'

Cheers,
boy" :cool: "boy

Dents in Lancaster - where I first started lusting after mountain bikes (I was a poor undergrad at the time with only enough money for beer, drugs and beans)
Stif - in the sail loft before they moved to their boutique. Rode with them quite a bit (Leeds Students Alternative Cycling Club).
Freewheel in Leeds - used to get good discount
Harry Halls when it was at Hanging Ditch. A shop with real history
Bike Shed in Manchester - now a record shop (do they still make records?)
Loads of shops sprang up in and around Manchester and lasted a year or so

Simply the bike - at the top of Belgrave Road in Torquay. Just opposite the Church.

My dad was vicar at that church till about 1998 ish - All Saints Torre ....small world eh

I used to use hot pursuit in totnes a fair bit as well till i moved north about 9 years ago, now i have to mail order most of my stuff.

Shockwave and Freewheel in notts, The bike shop and Merican in Derby and Ultrasport in Breaston(jez avery worked there)

Back