What was your first dream mountainbike?

tomac_mongoose_signature_ad_large_115.jpg

found one but it's taking sooo long to rebuild!

I think it was the 1994 Kona Kula in gold with Marzocchi XC500's ( got to remember i was new to MTB & on a Kona Hahanna ;) )

I got one in the end but then cracked the head tube :?

I also lusted after a Trek OCLV but can't remember what year it was.

flouro fork marin, & its only taken me 21 years to get one!!
:shock:

now trying to find the parts to rebuid/restore it (thought it would be a cheap hobby lol) :(

Merlin.

MerlinMSide.JPG

Loved them since I saw the first ones roll out of the barn in the late 80's. Was lucky enough to visit them in 1992, titanium frames hanging everywhere.

Still want one.

Mountain Cycle San Andreas. just could not believe how it looked back in '92 when i first saw a pic of one. took a long time before i finally had the chance to own one.

Funny, San Andreas came in to my mind too just before I've seen your post. I was under same impression when saw it first time in 92 advert. Way ahead technology back then. Never own though.

eviltroy":mii8kt5d said:
My 92 sannie rides like a modern bike - way ahead of it's time!

yep,they rock! not too sure about the new SanAn that has just come out,not quite the same "wow" factor to it?

1991 Team Marin - had a '91 Bear Valley and figured if that rode as well as it did the Team must be incredible.

1992 Xizang - titanium triple triangle, 'nuff said.

1993 Yeti A.R.C. - I'd be after one still if They didn't all break.

Anything Specialized back then, I was particularly drawn to the Stumpjumper, although up until about 8 weeks ago I'd never owned one, of the 'steel' variety.

That and my trusty Rock Lobster, I remember seeing the Blue one in MBUK (or some other edition) assembled with Quaddras etc, it was love at first sight :oops::oops::oops::oops: I remember going into Freetown Sports in Hull when I was back from Uni, coupled with dissatisfaction at the weight of my E Stay Al Carter (it weighed more than the titanic) the intention was to look and not buy, there hanging on the wall was that frame, the frame I wanted badly, it had those immortal words attached to a label to the price '....last one'. 45 minutes later I walked out of the shop with the frame, some orange P7 forks and a Joe Murray headset, I was the happiest chap in East Yorks that day :D Still got that frame, stripped again ready for it's next transition ;)

Now it has to be Rocky Mountain Ti-Bolt....I nearly bought one a while ago, common sense (the Mrs) prevented said purchase, I'm still kicking myself today :LOL:

Back