what U got that exceeded/didn't exceed the expectations?

My Explosif far exceeded my expectations, I was expecting a decent bike but the rideability and sheer fun I have on it puts a smile on my face regardless of the length of the ride.

I've never got on with any aluminium bikes. I just don't like riding them. I've bought a few and will buy again, but I just don't seem to have got the right one yet.

hamster":2vydeqff said:
I have to add Magura rim brakes to the positive list: Powerful, controllable, flawless reliability over 15 years. :cool:

Have to agree with that one. Got a pair of a '98 giant dont think they had been used in over a decade put em on a bike worked perfect. So impressed with em Im making life difficult just to keep em.

As a life long Kona fan buying my ratty Kili frame and building it as cheaply as possible; not refinishing the scratched and dented frame, repairing a split tyre with a piece of plastic from our recycling bin, not worrying about the 'once White' Flite, etc...

...it was a bl**dy revelation to ride!

I'd forgotten just how good a well designed cheap bike could be :cool:

I'm disappointed in myself; having a 32-year-old mind in a 52-year-old body is something of a let down; I determine to lose weight and instead I put it on, my legs are shot and I've damaged two fingers on my left hand! :cry:

Latest posts

Back