What to do with Broken RTS

Drill it all over using a 1/2" drillbit ,then fill the tubes with a mixture of earth and flower seeds and allow to grow :D

Put it up,hanging basket style :D or just lean it against the wall for an unusual flower pot

dyna-ti":10a2xwaz said:
Drill it all over using a 1/2" drillbit ,then fill the tubes with a mixture of earth and flower seeds and allow to grow :D

Put it up,hanging basket style :D or just lean it against the wall for an unusual flower pot

Nice idea! Although I hope I'll never have to put it into practice... ;)

RTS weld

Ishaw I thought welding an aluminum frame was a major no no? I have the same headache with my RTS3, got ripped off on Ebay didn't know about the cracked rocker pivot until it arrived and the seller moved to Dubai :cry:. Any body with a front triangle for sale would be considered god!

Depends on the frame alloy

You could try speaking to Argos Cycles or Orange MTB as both may be able to advise on repairs.....

I just picked up a rear end from Ian to replace my cracked one - RTS a gogo

I had the same problem with the pivot points on my RTS, they were cracking along the welds. I got it welded by a local precision engineering company. They ground out the old weld first then re-welded. They had to strip the paint first as it contaminates the weld, so they also powder coated afterwards.

I've not given it a 'proper' test yet but it looks strong enough and doesn't appear to have upset the frame.

Before......

main.php

After....(not a very good pic, but gives the idea.)

main.php

i have encountered a couple of crack RTS's, both were bare alu finish from 96, one i got my money back, the other i just salvaged for the parts, was gutted,

Just got a new set of lower stays from Ishaw on here for mine, seems like the later 7000 series alloys are pi$$ weak!

Latest posts

Back