What to do with a nickel P7 frame....

quentinfarquar

Retro Newbie
I am just wondering what the best thing to do is, it has very slight pitting at the moment, do I just clean it up with autosol, or go for a powder coat... any views...

do not powder coat the nickel p7's!!! :shock: :shock: they look too good to play with!!! imho!! :LOL:

i have seen reconditioned ones done by argos though. when i was still in the trade one came in the shop, sent it to argos they stripped the old laquer off went to town on it then re-laquered it and it looked brand new!

I really like the nickel too, but the laquer is very patchy and there are some rust spots, planning to build it as a single speed, for use as a family ride bike and trailer puller mainly, but as alot of the parts will be new on it, I fancied the frame looking new!!!

If I autosol the frame will it get much worse if I clean it regularly?

Can you just have the laquer stripped, who does this?

I've been told recently that it's best not to powder coat over pitted plating as it can rust underneath, bubble and then flake off, it is best done on a frame that has been cleaned properly, ie, blasted :!:

Has anyone used Argos to re-finish their nickel P7?

I picked up a '95 P7 frame today and its beginning to show signs of rust pitting.

I will contact Argos tomorrow but in the meantime how much should I expect to pay?

Cheers - Wak

Back