What state is retro biking in at the moment?

legrandefromage":1b529g45 said:
What is the state of retro biking at the moment?

Messy. I got bits everywhere, frames hanging around, wheels all over the place. It's a mess I tell ya!

You are the one constant since I've been on here lgf. We're all doomed if that ever changes!

brocklanders023":3bykpl66 said:
legrandefromage":3bykpl66 said:
What is the state of retro biking at the moment?

Messy. I got bits everywhere, frames hanging around, wheels all over the place. It's a mess I tell ya!

You are the one constant since I've been on here lgf. We're all doomed if that ever changes!
Even LGF has had a cull though, down to 2 or 3 bikes. The end is nigh....!

Re: Re:

toaster999":3kxn3srn said:
Ah, a clear case of 'signature denial'.

Nah, ride adverts taking up space.

Expect sig to return to its egotistical self once the second ride is over.

Just my 2 pence, pretty much summarised what's been mentioned.

1. Broadly I have what I want. I'm riding, not building - and to be fair, riding is WAY more fun!
2. What I still want is proper rare so the likelihood of getting one is slim. So I'll just wait and wait and be back with a flurry if I ever get one of them.
3. It's the summer, there are better things to do!

Popularity will always change, that's life. Anything "vintage" is "in" at the moment so that's impacted us, not always for the better. But as long as folk keep riding the older bikes, there'll always be a "retrobike" - whatever that looks like.

Right now, pricing is ridiculous compared with a few years ago, in fact, even 12 months ago.

I do think the yearly update on retro would be good, or at least bring in new categories as and when. With some decent moderating and re-placement of build threads in could work. I think years would be much better than any other criteria so we get to see the best design evolution and cross-over.

The only theme I can't relate to is the old vs. new, preferring new and somehow linking that to fitness. It's just me, I can't relate to that - whether you have a modern or old bike - the fitter you are, the higher the chance you'll get more out if it. Again, just my two pence.

Back