What state is retro biking in at the moment?

I’ve seen a few retro bikes out and about during lockdown. They probably haven’t been ridden in years, judging by the riders with no helmets!

Re:

No idea, I ride mine with none sometimes. especially if there are no branches for it to bash in to.

Sherwood Pines DownHill course can be done on a Shopper too. Which is why it's great, you can have some pleasure and fun and laughs with anyone.

legrandefromage":1gdj6oar said:
Museum piece is a bit of a derogatory term. Just about any bicycle from the last 7 decades can be rebuilt and made 'comfortable' and safe for riding
Not intended to be derogatory and I'm usually riding 20+ year-old bikes myself. But nothing lasts forever and there's already the Marin County Museum.

Ah Big Cheese - yep, will see you there on the Raleigh this coming Sat. I'll still prefer to do it on a contemporary bike with something very grippy on the front and something very diggy on the back - and a full face. And putting in some good times on the rooty single track over towards Brandon. And even after an exhausting run around the Red the Grom will complain bitterly about the fact that we can't get out to the Alps to do DH at the moment.....

I'm sorry, I just cant get excited about Thetford

<adopts full pompous arse mode> and anyway, when one has ridden both up and down the Julien Alps in the former Yugolsavia on a Peugeot 5spd, with side pull brakes, other places can feel a bit quiet

...so ner <pompous arse mode off> <goes looking on ebay for a shopper>

I prefer riding old cross country routes on old cross country bicycles. It was how the MTB thing was introduced to me and my Youtube videos would be very slow, boring, scenic and last for about 35 miles.< dammit! pompous arse mode wont switch off!!>

What state is retro biking in at the moment?

Hairy, very hairy

file.php

Big Cheese - woah Julian Alps. Big hills, big memories. We're with you on Thetford. Not exciting. Tedious. Sandy. Flat. Bloody heaps of rubble in the berms. But it's all we have access to at the moment, so it'll have to do. I too like distance. South Downs is still the place of many memories. All day loops. Long uphill drags. Long downhill warp factor 9 sections.

Last few summers. The Alps. Vercorin. Crans Montana. Big, big hills.

Excuse me while I weep into the keyboard....

Back