What sealed bearing hubs are these please. Geeks assemble!

Yellow_Peril

Old School Hero
Hi folks,

Today I stripped a pair of hubs off my old touring bike with a view to servicing them and selling them on the 'bay. I discovered they are fantastically built sealed bearing 'Wood-esque' hubs with thick axles and English made bearings. I'm now tempted to build them up in the future for winter training wheels. I am wondering if they are Maillard 600 hubs, but there are no markings on them whatsoever (one has Maillard QDs, one has Shimano).

Any help identifying them would be great. Thanks!
Jon

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 571
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 571
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 571
Midlife":d8fbhncv said:
Look a bit like Sachs Maillard new success with the decals rubbed off........

Shaun
Good shout Shaun! Looking at other images they look to be the same. Having ridden them for years,when I stripped them the grease was in superb condition. Seems a cheap way to get a freewheel hub with an unbendable axle!

Shaun is spot on they are exactly same as pair i have in garage the new success was a blue decal on the hubs.

Nice one Carl. I've stuck 'em on for auction as New Success. I can't see myself building them up as I've sold all but two of my bikes *boo hoo*

Im suposte to be selling some of mine :( but today i got number 23 a Orange 10th anniversary clockwork orange i just couldn't say no :facepalm: Its not even my size

carlrh":ivihztkr said:
Im suposte to be selling some of mine :( but today i got number 23 a Orange 10th anniversary clockwork orange i just couldn't say no :facepalm: Its not even my size
Sweet agony eh?!

Yeah, I've pulled these off French bikes before, they seem reasonable quality just a shame they have a 'generic' feel to them.

agentorange":203zfqf0 said:
Yeah, I've pulled these off French bikes before, they seem reasonable quality just a shame they have a 'generic' feel to them.
Yeah, they look tatty as hell, but the axle is mega, and the bearings on mine are English ones and run so smooth. Should last a lifetime with the odd new bearing race repacement!

Back