What retro Suspension fork is best??

How about some Girvin Vectors for something a little different? You can get different spring weights for them, have been known to go on Kleins.

2455606507_ff5cde8317_o.jpg

legrandefromage":1g6tz48i said:
I ran 1x Speed Spring with 1 leg full of elastomers in my old Judy DH
Ditto, after I broke about 3 speed springs. Ended up with type 2 springs from a 97 SL

Re: Forks

Wold Ranger":30u2eyfx said:
Why not run a modern fork? At least they are reliable and work!

I could think of a reason: Ruines your build? For me lack of comfort is not that bad that I want to ruin a build. For reliability I go rigid.

Thanks for all the suggestions.. :D

What about Pace? RC36 EVO's?? I will need a 1" steerer for the Rascal though.. Any thoughts?

Cheers

Mark

Copey":fs80k5wk said:
What about Pace? RC36 EVO's?? I will need a 1" steerer for the Rascal though.. Any thoughts?
Cheers
Mark
An RC36 is quite a long fork for the geometry of a 92 Rascal, even if it's a 70mm and not a 90. But I guess if you have a Judy SL on your 89 Fisher you must like a slack head angle. You should be able to find a 1" Pace steerer and shim with a bit of luck.

I didn't know Pace sold much in the US, or are you thinking about importing one?

Anthony":3oc6fx9h said:
Copey":3oc6fx9h said:
Cheers
Mark
An RC36 is quite a long fork for the geometry of a 92 Rascal, even if it's a 70mm and not a 90. But I guess if you have a Judy SL on your 89 Fisher you must like a slack head angle. You should be able to find a 1" Pace steerer and shim with a bit of luck.

I didn't know Pace sold much in the US, or are you thinking about importing one?

Cheers.. I am in the UK right now and again on the 19th, so was thinking about picking up a pair..

Judy XC with Speed Spring Upgrade - circa 1994

IMG_0419.jpg

Always did me well :)

Still work fine now but have a new bike with Fox F90RL (200:cool:.

May consider selling the RockShox, but don't know what they are worth these days?

Can't be - bought my Protrax in 94 and they were an upgrade option at purchase!

The Speedsprings were added a couple of years later...

Back