What is the point in fat bikes?

Re: Re:

SEANSTEPHENS":7wym2fw8 said:
It seems that some of the people who buy them are those who dont use them for their proper use, they buy one for the sake of buying one.

FIFY. ;)

Just like 4x4s. Some are used for their intended purpose and the rest are used as status symbols and pose mobiles. We now have the same situation with fatbikes where they are producing 'trail' fatbikes which IMO is the same as a Chelsea tractor. A pointless, overweight waste of resources for people with personal issues and feelings of inadequacy!

Re:

tyres are getting better as in more choice ;if you can,t see the point in them get to a shop
and have a go on one,
i had a go on a carbon sarma and man that was the bees,surprised me how different a surly pugsly
is to a moonlander in handling.
to sum it up in a nutshell if like me your an attention seeking whore there great everyone looking at you,often think when out on the moone this is what its like to be handsome :facepalm:
great on beaches and over the moors wouldnt want to get rid of any bikes and just have one
variety is the spice so they say :cool:

have a go on a carbon bear grease or a sarma oh my

29. 650b. Forward geometry. ?
Fat bikes. If you like it go for it look like good fun to me
I ride hard tail 26. And remember when full suss was a novelty
Doubt I'd make a climb on one nowadays though !

They give singlepeeders an alternative way to be centre of attention. Now single speed is mainstream.

;)

They are great fun is the point. Sure the cheapo ones are a fad that will die out but the quality kit will probably have a market for a long time. Mind you the guy who said they corner like they were on rails must really have been riding on rails because they really dont corner that well !

Back