what have you learned from retrobike?

I've learnt some cunning tech tips and tricks

I was also surprised to see how not too much value is placed upon original paint on RB, not necessarily bad, just surprising

Also learnt some history and it has kicked off loads of reading outside of RB about pioneers
of off road cycling all over the world

To put in perspective BITD I never bought mags or read them prior to purchase I just rode

So there is an absolute ton of stuff I never knew or connections with brands-to people-to events that I didn't have

i have NOT learnt to keep away from the for sale section,but i have learnt how much this hobby can drain my bank account!

i found out that the bottom inside of my black wallet is brown due to retrobike :LOL:

wouldnt have it any other way ;)

Well I had bugger-all knowledge about anything bike wise, when I joined about 2 years ago. Still seem to have less than 1% of the know-how that you guys have but it's kept me interested & at least I can spot a well specced bike now, compared to a Halfraud's special. Also made me keep hold of my old ridgeback & added 2 Marins to the family, so I can only thank you guys & the forum for that..... :D

Back