What do you think of Cannondales??

alans27

Old School Hero
I'm looking at treating myself to a nice higher end hybrid bike and i'm leaning towards the Cannondale quick speed 1 http://www.evanscycles.com/products/can ... e-ec071039

But there are plenty of rivals out there for similar prices from the likes of Specialized, Trek and Scott etc. I'm wondering if any of these stand out from the rest in terms of the frames? I mean are they pretty much all the same? I've heard somewhere that the Trek's are all made in the Giant factory.

Obviously I know the more you pay for a bike the better the frame will be. But do any of the more common makes really get it spot on? Hope this question makes sense lol.

Cant see you having any problems with any if those.

Choose what you like best, best price, best geometry, best warranty etc.

Shop around, you may get a good deal.

alans27":a7vzoopo said:
Obviously I know the more you pay for a bike the better the frame will be.
Not true really, a lot are made in the same factories in Taiwan etc. Often you are paying for the label.

Boardman make some really nice hybrid and rigid MTBs.

But 'real' bikers might point at you and laugh.

Re:

fagin":24pg30x2 said:
alans27":24pg30x2 said:
Obviously I know the more you pay for a bike the better the frame will be.
Not true really, a lot are made in the same factories in Taiwan etc. Often you are paying for the label.

Boardman make some really nice hybrid and rigid MTBs.

But 'real' bikers might point at you and laugh.

Nowt new there then lol.

I find cannondales really intriguing with how they like to think different. Coming up with mad things like one legged suspension forks etc. But I've never owned one.
Some comments on Internet forums describe them as the Rolls Royce of aluminium frames.

Well Cannondales are made in Taichung, Taiwan...and Giant have a big old factory in the same place... so it's quite conceivable that Cannondales are made by Giant as well (as half the other bikes on the planet).

I wouldn't say they are the ROlls Royce of anything, but they make perfectly fine bikes. I didn't really like mine that much and it now hanges on a wall with a nice crack in it.

But when they did "mad" things, that was in the 90's when they were still owned by the peopel that started them, now they are owned by Dorel, there is less of the crazy innovation and more of the refinement and evolution instead.

Yes, they did come up with some innovationz
Headshok fork, Lefty fork, that multi triangled frame, forget the name and the Super V FS frame.

Not to mention Coda components, lightweight chainset and disc brakes.

And who could forget reduced pivot rear suspensioin using flexible carbon fibre chain stays, I m talking about the Scalpel people!!!!

I'd say the biggest innovation Cannondale did was to production aluminium frames. all the other stuff is mostly improving/using what was already around

02gf74":s99zjy45 said:
Yes, they did come up with some innovationz
Headshok fork, Lefty fork, that multi triangled frame, forget the name and the Super V FS frame.

Not to mention Coda components, lightweight chainset and disc brakes.

And who could forget reduced pivot rear suspensioin using flexible carbon fibre chain stays, I m talking about the Scalpel people!!!!

Back