What did we learn today?

Starting work an hour later today I left home an hour earlier than normal to give myself some nice ride on nearby bridleways. I learned how c*ap rider I am, despite the fact I really try to improve my confidence... :oops:

1. That you need 5 hands to fit new cables into SRT600 gripshift housings :evil:

2. That over excitment and a rush to fit new tyres to your stead without paying attention to the tread direction results in you having to do it again. :oops:

Today I learned that once you've sawn through a 4" branch above head height, that one should have done more shoulder presses. On top of that, cutting four overladen wheel barrow loads from one bush IS a lot of work.

Tweeting while riding to work one handed is not a good idea.
Even though I was half a mile from the nearest road and neither myself nor my iphone came to any harm, that hot looking girls dog nearly did! :oops:

( mis ) Leading a ride in sunlight for the first time in months puts the shadows in all the wrong places and is really disorientating!

Chute55uk":2mz4d34d said:
burnt the paint on the frame it was so hot :)
but dont worry its only gonna be an old hack bike and i couldnt care less about the frame. it does clamp up to a new seatpost and supports it fine.

did you not use a bit of oil for lubrication/cooling?

or wrap a damp cloth around the tube?

Today we learned that the carrying handle of a Camelbak acts like a aircraft carrier arrester hook on low branches. How I laughed.

Back