What colour bartape on my blue frame?

Thanks everyone,

Cant wait to get it finished now! Rear hub is now at my local deport, so it should be delivered later today :D Just need a new strong chain

I have thought about a front brake. My worry is that if the chain snaps, i wont have any brakes. I've never ridden a coaster brake before, so i will see how i get on, however i think it will be a lot easier to use than my Fixie which had a 52/17 combo... That needed brakes as it was a proper knee snapper with that ratio!

The red looks definitely right. :cool:

For road legal, you need two brakes - a fixed gear counts as one...
Beyond the issue of the chain snapping, we all know that the front brake is the one for actual stopping - under any braking the rear wheel will lighten up. Do yourself a favour and fit one. Your face might thank you, especially if you are using it for commuting.

Re:

Thanks matey!

Yeah i suppose you're right... I'll look at getting a flat bar lever for a front brake set up

Dont suppose any of you guys know where i can get a Brake Arm Clip for the Coaster Brake Arm... I've found one for the Sram Automatix and it comes in sizes 20mm and 22mm. What size is this exactly, as i measured my chainstay diameter and its only about 16/17mm?

Thanks again for the help

I would pack the brake arm clamp out bike computer sensor shims. What is important is the security of the bolt holding the arm. The shims will also protect your frame's paintwork!

hamster":2qsnu4jk said:
I would pack the brake arm clamp out bike computer sensor shims. What is important is the security of the bolt holding the arm. The shims will also protect your frame's paintwork!

Yeah I was thinking of using an old bit of inner tube to space it out and protect the paintwork! I ordered the 20mm so I'll see how it fits when it arrives

Latest posts

Back